Thursday, January 1, 2009

welcome to 2009...






Another Schofield bash last night! This time at John and Kara's. John is #2 of the Schofield 13. We have LOTS of parties at their house. Such a blast. We love our cousins. :) They had made Ropa Vieja, which is hands down the BEST soup I have ever tasted in my life. Dave and I got the recipe years ago from my sister Tracy (a total conniseur). She used to call it "Dirty Laundry" soup ("old clothes"), and the name stuck. Anyhow...it takes hours to prepare, but is so worth every bit of effort. I had 3 bowls...in my big, fat, bloated pregnant state. We also had a chocolate fountain, complete with cherries, pretzels, oranges, pears, cinnamon bears, marshmallows, donut holes, pineapple, and the list goes on. HEAVEN. At 8 pm, John pushed the clock forward to 11:50, and we PARTIED. The level of mess in their living room was actually making my heart race. It was a disaster! Cleaned up well though. Games, laughing, noisy chaos, and we loved every minute of it!...I'll post Christmas tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

brittany said...

man you guys have been busy! it looks like you're doing all kinds of fun things and really enjoying the holidays, what wonderful memories you and the kids will have! Happy New Year!!

Michelle said...

Happy New year. I spent last night kneeling over the toilet...food poisoning or stomach flu or something. Way to ring in the new year!

mj said...

Smart John to push the clock forward.Don't ever stop taking pictures of all these events. The kids look sooo excited !

Kara said...

Thanks for posting! I'm sure you have more great pictures of the evening... post on the Group Room at Wal-Mart!