Sunday, January 11, 2009

meet arty...

Arty is a true gem. He and my niece Valerie got married a few months ago. Sadly, I wasn't able to go. I heard it was amazing though. My sister Lisa and her husband Tony love him like a son.

Arty had been with Val for years, through some of Valerie's most trying times in her life. He loved her and suppported her. He was patient with her. She found a true rock.

Arty and Val adore their digs...like children, I hear. :) This is Arty with Leo, and the Santa picture is Cadence. Arty was raised by his grandparents. He is so good and kind to them. He will do whatever they ask of him. He and Valerie help his grandparents run their farm. Arty works hard all day, every day, bailing hay, tending to the cows, getting daily measurements. I'm a little jealous of the whole farm thing. Hard work, manual labor.


Arty loves to learn. If he wants to learn how to do something...he'll get a book and learn it. He wanted to build a shed, bought a book to learn how, and built one. I have no doubt that he will treasure and provide for my niece. No doubt.

He's musical too. He even plays the guitar in a band. So cool. He's hilarious. People want to be around him and his happy, silly personality. I can't wait to get to know him better through the years. We're family now! Happy Birthday to you Arty!

6 comments:

O family said...

This is so sweet. Man, you actually have A LOT of birthday posts to do huh??? Love you and your heart Amy. Love Arty and am so happy that Val has such a sweet man.

mj said...

This is great !Arty is such a wonderful addition to our family. We love him lots,already.

laurag said...

Happy Birthday to you Arty. We really so love you already. It's hard not seeing how much Val does. You've been there for her already thru thick and thin and we thank you so much for that, and for your motivation for her. The two of you are so fortunate to have one another. We love you! p.s. a lot of work amy but a wonderful idea! Something you'll treasure forever.

Rachel said...

What a sweet thing to do for your family...nice for them to have such a tribute and nice for you to be able to reflect and appreciate.

Lisa said...

That was very sweet of you, Amy. I'm sure Val and Arty will really appreciate what you wrote. Neat idea!!

Christina & Andrew said...

You hit this right on the head=) Arty is wonderful, and we all love him soooooo much!!! I'm so glad to have him as a member of our family!