Monday, January 26, 2009

for Grandma...

Grandma...this is you. Grandma Bird, Temple or Schofield, take your pick. Drawn by the fabulous 3 year old artiste. I'm kind of surprised Molly came up with this. I'm thinking my other 3 didn't until about kindergarten. She is filling my days with laughter and just a teeny bit of frustration. She was reciting a "talk" in the living room the other day, after watching her sisters and brother do it for FHE many times and not wanting to miss out on the positive feedback. She pointed to a picture on our table and said..."then, maybe we can go get HIM".

Me: Who is that, Molly?

M: Present Hinckley. I loves him. Maybe we can go get him.

Me: Where is he?

M: He's in the sky.

Me: How can we get him?

M: Wif a ladduh. A really big one.

My Mom and Dad love to tell me how as a kid, I had the whole tithing thing figured out. I KNEW how the money got to Heavenly Father. It went to heaven in the pockets of dead people. I was sure of it. I bet Present (President) Hinckley and all the tithing carriers are getting a real chuckle right now. :)

8 comments:

April Kennedy said...

Keep them coming. I loves me a good Molly story!

mj said...

This is so sweet. Isn't it funny how their little minds see things? Thanks for sharing all these darling moments.

Michelle said...

So cute. I LOVE what little kids have to say. I can't wait for Gavin to start telling me good stories.

brittany said...

looks like the artist gene runs in the family.

Vanessa said...

So cute! Kids are so logical; aren't they? I mean, we think what they say is silly/funny, but actually _we_ speak in metaphors. If Molly thinks someone is in the sky, how very logical of her to consider climbing up a very high ladder to get him down! Smart girl!
Too too cute, that Molly!

mj said...

Qusetion....are the curlique things hair,earrings or arms??Ask artist Molly.

emlizalmo said...

Those would be arms. :)

Melissa Yergensen said...

She is such a smarty!! I would be laughing all day long too if she was telling me stories like that. so so so cute Molly!!! You didn't hear her yesterday when we were VT at Angela's ... I said "how did you get to be such a pretty girl?" and she said "I don't know, I just am!"