Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HER day...









Yesterday was all about Molly. I did my VERY best to let the day be all about her...whatever she wanted to do. Here is what she chose:
1. balloons and donuts first thing in the morning
2. a bath with as many slides as she wanted (down the backside of our ridiculously small tub)
3. nails painted
4. photos to please her mama :)
5. lunch at Great-Grandma Bird's (G-Birdy)
6. stop by daddy's work for a quick hello...and candy
7. NO NAP...:(
8. a party with her one and only guest being Christy. Mommy's plans for the party went out the window. She wanted presents first, no games, a bit of cake, then play with her play-dough kit.
I think it was a great day. We love her so much. Hope she knows it.

14 comments:

mj said...

What a wonderful day for a wonderful little girl!!! I love that she got to choose exactly what she wanted.

Payne said...

Amy, she is precious! I really have to see her in person soon!

laurag said...

She knows it Amy, and she' svery lucky for the amount of love you and Dave have for that little ball of sunshine. I love her so much. I'm so glad she had such a special day.

April Kennedy said...

Amy...it's been fun catching up on your blog. I have enjoyed every post and I love the tenderness that I feel when you write about your children. They are all so precious and I think it is so important that they can look back and read the feelings that a mother has for her children!

What a fun birthday for Molly and the BABW was a great idea at 8:00 am! Happy New Years!

jamie said...

We love Molly, she is such a sweety! Hope she had a great day! The pictures of her outside...sooo cute!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Okay, I had to delete my other comment because I had misspelled a word and I couldn't correct it. I love the pictures. Esp. the one with the balloons, with her Daddy and with her Great Grandma. what fun for her to get to chose the activities of the day. Glad Christy could be there. She loves that little redhead lots and lots.

Lisa said...

I can not spell. Ugh!

Lady said...

Look at you Amy... the "control freak" - giving it up for your little one's special day. I am so proud of you!! It looked like Molly got just what she wanted and had the best birthday ever.

PS - I always thought Molly looked so different from your other kids but there's a shot there where she looks an awful lot like Lizzie!

brittany said...

sounds like it was absolutely perfect and man is she adorable!

Michelle said...

How fun! I wish I could let Gavin pick his special day activities. I love birthdays! I love that EVERYONE has them!

Vanessa said...

She is adorable and you are a wonderful mom - I'm sure Molly know just how loved she is! Thank you for sharing your precious family moments with us.

O family said...

It seems like Molly was the happiest 3 year old EVER!!! I bet that she had the best day and boy she sure did look cute!

utahmominmexico said...

I just can't get over her hair. I'm envious of a 3 year old. I wish my birthdays were half as fun.