Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas...

Christmas seems to have a whole new magic about it when you have children. I love these 4 little ones so much, and when they are excited, I am excited. My older 3 woke up somewhere around 6, then sat on the stairs waiting for Dave and I. We told them NOT to go into the living room and try to catch a glimpse of their presents...and you know what...they didn't. They are so obedient and so cute. At around 6:30 they started calling for us. It actually startled me out of my sleep. They were almost bouncing off the walls. About to burst. They begged to wake up little Molly and get things started.

This is just after each of them saw what was left by Santa. I realize it's not the greatest picture, but I love THEM in it. I love their tired/wired expressions. You can almost tell how big Alex is smiling from the back of his head!

Grandma and Grandpa gave us what? Build a Bear gift cards? (future post :))

I took adavantage of their happiness, and tried a few portraits. Alex was a doll. He loved his new "gifts rock" pajamas and wore them for a week straight, day and night. He seems to be looking older and so, SO handsome to me lately.

Lizzy got all sorts of animals. She LOVES animals. She was teary when she saw her 3 new beanie babies. She is so easy to please. So gracious. And just look at her hair!

Emily was the happy recipient of a digital camera. She has wanted one for a LONG time, and her wish came true. She carried that thing around (and still IS) all day, slung over her shoulder in it's little padded bag. She took pictures non-stop. Dave thought she looked like a japanese tourist. I wanted to kiss her. She was so happy and I loved it.







All Molly asked Santa for was a "doggie that you push the button and it goes ruff-ruff". She got one. She loved it. I had to wake her from her nap for her pictures before the sun went down, hence the puffy eyes and 1/2-smile. I want to eat this kid.

We spent the day looking, over and over again, at all our treasures. Ate yummy food. Played games together. It was quiet, happy, peaceful. Most years I am aching for my family back in Delaware. This year was a little bit different. I still wished we were there, but I was content with being here. I was happy being here. I had my 5 greatest joys with me all day. We celebrated the birth of our Savior together. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

And a few by the budding photographer!







9 comments:

laurag said...

Amy these are so great, and the ones Emily took are amazing. Did she do the ones of the horse track too?? I am so happy you enjoyed such a peaceful Christmas. I have to say, it was quite the same over here. I love seeing excited children, especially if they're your own.

Anonymous said...

what a great christmas you had with your loved ones. You took some precious picture. What a cute doggie that molly got. I've got to come see it soon and wish her a happy birthday. love joice

MommyMert said...

I loved this post. Thanks for sharing your special moments with your family. I love all of them. YOu are one lucky Mom! :)

Kami Schultz said...

What a happy Christmas and beautiful kids! I look forward to the day when we have too many kids to travel far for the holidays. :)

brittany said...

man, you sure did capture the moment/s. it sounds like a perfect Christmas!

Christina & Andrew said...

Your kids are so dang cute. Man, I love them soooo much! I can't wait to see you guys TOMORROW!

Michelle said...

Oh, Amy. I got chocked up reading your post. I love the magic in their eyes, and the joy in your voice as you write about them. So precious. I love you. And I hate Pebbles for changing their hours without telling me. I came home and got on the computer. Lameo.

Tami Anderson said...

I adore those little twin girls.

Kara said...

Yay! What a beautiful day. I'm glad Emily is enjoying the camera. ;0)