Eight years ago, my life changed forever. My babies were born. I didn't even know I had the capacity to love this much. I worried so much for Alex. That he would notice a change in how much I loved him. The beautiful thing is...it didn't have to change at all. The Lord just made my heart bigger.My thoughts for this entry were to share my favorite photos of the girls through the years. I have only been taking digital pictures for 2 years, so sorting through old photos quickly became overwhelming. REALLY overwhelming. That's not what this is supposed to be. It's supposed to be a tribute to my beautiful, little 8 year old daughters. SO, the pictures are random, not organized, not even the best I have, but this is them. These show their personalities. These show how beautiful they are.




















Twins really weren't that tough. I would do them again in a second. They are best pals. They always have been. When they were 4 months old, we took them to a huge family party. They were being passed all over the place. My normally happy baby girls were overstimulated. They were tired. They were cranky. As soon as we got home, we put them on a blanket together in the middle of the living room. Their crying stopped, they rolled to face eachother, and they smiled. They were content. They made eachother happy. They are still that way today. They are best friends. They'll tell you that too. I've struggled with whether or not I should have them in different classes at school. I don't want to. I want them together, supporting eachother.These girls are so unique. Very individual. Their own little person. Elizabeth is gentle and quiet. She has been since she was tiny. She is loving and kind. Emily is a firecracker. She is loud, funny, happy. They both bring so much joy to my life. I think they do the same for everyone they meet. I have felt so blessed to have had twins. I think to some, it seems quite overwhelming. I guess at times, it was. But I never once thought...I can't do this...why me? They are a gift. Perfect, blond, little gifts.



15 comments:
You hit the nail on the head Amy, your girls are so different which I think makes them love one another even more...kinda like Rachel and I. We love them so much. These pictures are so incredibly cute. I've forgotten how beautiful/stunning they were as babies. GIve them big hugs and kisses from us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY girls and this is a big one too. When are they going to be baptized? I bet they are so excited. p.s. I've always admired how the whole 'having twins' thing never overwhelmed you. It's been very clear from day one that they are nothing but a blessing to you.
they are just stunning.
i love that last picture of them, they are so sweet and so beautiful and so very different which is probably why they are able to be best friends. they really do bring joy to everyone that meets them, they are two very special little girls!
Happy Birthday Emily and Lizzie!
What precious girls - they are so lucky to have a mother who is such a good photographer and writer. They have their childhoods captures. You look so young in that first picture and it really is amazing that we dove into life so early and conquered such big things. I really admire you and the mother you are.
PS - will you write a tribute to me for my birthday? I think I'll print it off and save it forever. It may just become my eulogy. :)
This is so sweet. While I haven't been able to spend too much time with your girls, I know that I just adore them. I love how different they are and how they sort of compliment each other. Happy Birthday to the blond duo
What great pictures! You are one lucky mom, and you have some very lucky kids as well!
Adorable.
Happy Birthday Little Ladies! You are wonderful beautiful girls. Amy--they are just so much a reflextion of who you are.
You stinker !!I absolutely love this idea,almost as much as I love these sweet,individual little girls. Thanks so much for adding them to our family.
ahhh so cute!! Happy Birthday to them! They are so cute, I haven't seen molly in them much until I saw these pictures wow theres a few that I could swear is molly. YOu have a beautiful family!
Man, this made me teary.. whew, I love these girls. They are such sweethearts. Mmm, I'm so glad I could be a part of their lives.
I've been gone from this party of 6way too long. So much to catch up on! Your sweet Molly's birthday and your girls. Happy, happy, happy birthday to everyone. I love them. It was fun to look at them in all those pictures and see them so little, so cute, so wonderful. How does it happen so fast. Elizabeth has been looking so beautiful to me lately--her hair is so pretty. Emily always makes me smile--she is so darn cute. And Molly makes me laugh. All the time. Alex is funny too. (didn't want to leave him out) Molly looks so pretty with her balloons. We always had balloons growing up and every year I mean to get them for my children . . . . Anyhow, back to your pictures. I love seeing them as brand new infants. I love babies. Can't wait to meet the next Schofield addition.
Oh how I love these girls.
Emily="A little ball of muscle"
Lizzy=gentle and loving...and very funny (a little known fact)
My heck they are the cutest things ever! Happy birthday!
Post a Comment