
One party down...one more to go. This year the girls wanted a fairy party. Our cute friend Cassidy (the tall one in the group picture) made some out of clothespins, we loved them, so we asked her if we could copy, and she could come help us do it. :) She kindly obliged. My kids get a "friend" party every other year. This year, they all get one. Aaagh. I have to say though, I love planning themed parties. I'll spend weeks planning the invitation, decorations, food, party favors, games...and they all have to go together. One of my favorite places to look is HERE. You name a party theme...they've got it. I love to go through people's ideas, then copy and paste what I like into my own document. Then, I study it. Trying to decide what will be the cutest, what the kids will love the most. We've had some great ones in the past...a teddy bear party (NOT the easiest thing in the world), army party, Harry Potter party (easily the coolest...EVER).
This one was fun. I put a lot of thought into games and food and such, but here's the thing...all they wanted to do was make fairies. We had about 15 minutes total for games, gifts, food. The rest of the time they spent gathered around the table...creating. I loved it. They loved it.
On another note...my sister-in-law and I were talking today about traditions. Namely birthday traditions. What sort of traditions do you have now with your families, or did you have growing up? I'd love to hear!



9 comments:
These are the cutest things ever !!I can see why that is all they wanted to do. My birthday tradition,with our second family ,was to have Caroline come and run it all. She did a great job. Thanks DeeDee.
Wow, I love those fairies!! Will you teach me?
Happy Birthday Girlies!! #8 WoohOOoo!!! Baptised!!
Hmm... Bday traditions? When we were 8 my parents would take us and a group of friends to the Lion House in SLC and we got to have the bday party there. I plan on doing the same with my kiddos. In my little family, we focus on trying to do something fun rather than just getting presents. Spending time together. Tim and I have done Lagoon, Museums, water parks, and parties count for the kids. And... I get flowers for my bday. Thats the one day of the year I do. But they are great when I get them. :) (Is that a long enough comment... sheesh..)
Love the fairies. You are so creative Amy. I bet kids love to come to Schofield parties. I haven't hosted girl parties yet - mine are usually rocket balloons, water balloons and obstacle courses where you get wet. But they have all been boys stuff. Maybe Ainsley has a fairy party in her future!!
You are a really cool MOM! Can you or Caroline come do my kids parties?
this is so cool! I just love the fairy idea. Something that I will try to remember to do when Quinn gets older. I don't think that we had any birthday traditions. The only one that we have for Quinn is that we both write her a letter each year and then after we read it to her, we put it in her book. Once she is 18 we will give her her book with all of the cute letters and pictures.
Hmmm, I don't think we have any birthday traditions in my family but I do remember one funny endearing thing. My mom (who I am incredibly close to and adore) is a heart surgeon and really really busy. She is not the homemaker baking type - she loves the stress of her job and hates to cook etc! But when I was five she wanted me to have a homemade birthday cake, so she tried to bake her first cake. She left out the eggs and I remember her look of horror when she saw this flat horrible thing emerge from the oven! SO funny! I love her!
In Israel, where I grew up, little girls wear wreaths in their hair on their birthday (even to nursery!). :O) happy memories!
LOVE the fairy idea, and no wonder they wanted to make them the whole time, they are so adorable. I was thinking of you guys all weekend wondering how the party went and it looks like it was a huge success. I'll have to get some party idea for Elsie's next bday.
It looks like the perfect party! I love the fairies. I'm going to have to bookmark and save this idea. You are such a great mom to go to all the work of putting such a great party together. I can't believe those two are 8 and getting baptized on Saturday. I wish I could be there. Take lots of pictures for me!
Great party! The fairies are darling!
Speaking of birthdays and fairies couldn't be more in line with our birthday tradition in our home. The "birthday fairy" comes the night before their birthday, while they are sleeping, and decorates their doorway so when they wake they have to walk through all sorts of streamers!
It is fun and magical and the kids really look forward to it. Although Kaia my oldest has figured it out....she still wants the birthday fairy to visit from here on out!
Thanks for inviting me! :)
Post a Comment