Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my sweets...

My little, letter-writing sweets. If letters like these don't validate you, then I don't know what will. Thanks for all your kind, kind thoughts yesterday. Just one of those days. Not necessarily bad, just worried. Today, I'm not so much. I have been waking up the past few mornings to this letter and creatures on my nightstand. That is my Lizzy for you. I may have been stressed or sad the other day when she made these, maybe not. She does kind little things like this daily. It's who she is. She LOVES giving things. According to "The 5 Love Languages", that means she loves getting things too. She's been asking me for weeks to write a letter to her in her love journal. HOW do I keep forgetting that?


Our "day after your birthday" Baskin Robbins visit. Mmmm...love them so much.


Emily is a writer too. Treasures everywhere. Letters that ALWAYS end with a question, prompting a letter in return. I really don't know what to do with all of these. Maybe some of you would say toss them. It makes me too anxious to think of throwing them out...any of them. After I've stared at them for a few days, they'll make their way up to my bulging storage box. :)

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thank you so much for that beautiful comment, Amy, I am so touched! I honestly think the same about you - and I hope that I can be half as good a mother as you are one day!
That letter is gorgeous! How cute -and smart - of Emily to set out a template with the 'Dear' and space and 'Love' at the end? Adorable! And she included Molly!
I also wanted to let you know that you were the first to comment and so the subscription is yours if you would like it. Just let me know which magazine you'd like and what address you would like it sent to.
Hope you are having a great day! :)

Jessica said...

I have the same feeling about throwing them a way!! My little sara draws like 5 pictures a day, and now has her two brothers doing it too, and I can't bear to throw them away but now I have a drawer full of them. Let me know what you decide to do with yours!

mj said...

These pictures are great,and I love the letters. We are lucky to have plastic bins to store the many treasures of their childhood.

Christina & Andrew said...

Amy, I love you so much, and I love your sweet girls. I just got so teary reading the past few blogs you've posted.. you are amazing. I am so grateful for your family and all that you guys stand for. I hope I can see you soon.

Melissa Yergensen said...

Your kiddos are the sweetest. I can't wait to start getting little letters ... as soon as Marley can read and write! :)
Do you think you could scan them like you did these and then feel ok about throwing them away?

Tami Anderson said...

Who taught those girls to spell anyway??? That must have been one great teacher!


(polishing nails on shirt)

Those girls are my favorite!

Michelle said...

SO sweet.

brittany said...

you really do have the best kids! how did you get so lucky?

MommyMert said...

mmmmm.... so sweet. notes, ice cream, girls.

glad you are feeling better.

Lisa said...

Keep the notes. To me, I loved the notes even more than the pictures. They will love the notes too, when they get older and you bring them out and they see what the wrote. Put some in their journals. Love you.