Wednesday, January 14, 2009

kitty treats...

Molly walked in to the bathroom yesterday with a blue nose. She told me she wanted to be a kitty. She needed those "stripe fings" on her cheeks. It was a blue dry-erase marker. Initially I panicked, she pleaded, I caved. Once again...a big step for me. Marker...on her face. Of course I checked it first to make sure it would come off easily. :)



She quickly went from this sweet little thing...

TO THIS!
She really was making me laugh yesterday. She is a little girl...not a baby. A little girl with a personality (a funny one), opinions, a spicy attitude. I asked her what she wanted for lunch. She wanted me to make her yummy, big, cimanin wolls. I am not the cinnamon roll making kind of gal. I could be, I've just never tried them. SO, we made these...twice. Try them...they are pretty darn good!

Cream Cheese Roll-ups:

4 sliced white bread, crusts removed
flavored cream cheese (I used plain)
4 T butter, melted
cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Roll bread flat with a rolling pin. Spread with cream cheese. Roll up as tightly as possible. Cut each roll into 3-4 pieces. Dip each piece into butter, then the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake on cookie sheet until golden brown, 5-6 minutes.

* Molly ate 4, I ate 15. :(

10 comments:

jamie said...

She is so sweet!! Love her litle voice. Those treats look so good, I will have to try them!

Jaime Stephens said...

Yummy those look good and easy wow.. Molly makes the cutest cat ever!!

April Kennedy said...

Oh those look yummy! I am definitely trying them!

And even if the marker was permanent...she was still going to need whiskers to go with that nose to make sense to everyone!

MommyMert said...

You ate them for the baby, the baby needed them! Way to go on the marker thing!

Rachel said...

I love this age when the imagination shows itself full force. And thanks for yet another recipe that is sure to please...I have yet to try an Amy Schofield recipe that I haven't just loved!

Lady said...

Sounds yummy. Yeah again for you for relinquishing control and letting your daughter draw on her face. You've come a long way baby!!!!

Vanessa said...

Molly is yummy!

O family said...

This pictures really are so cute!

Lisa said...

I agree with Brittany. You HAVE come a long way girl. I'm proud of you. Seriously!! I have a picture of David and Val when they covered their bodies with stripes to look like tigers. I love it!!

brittany said...

Amy way to let go of the control and let her draw on her face!! I some parenting lessons from you... seriously. Also a good chat with you. Maybe this week. How are you feeling?