
Update (that I can't seem to put at the bottom of this post): Found exactly what I was looking for! Couldn't you eat this kid alive?

This is my nephew Rich with my niece Michele and sister Caroline. Today is his birthday. I wanted to try something out this year. Every time a family member has a birthday, I want to do a small spotlight of them on my blog. This is mostly for family history reasons, and for me to tell them and you, how much I love them.

Rich was born when I was 6. I was an aunt at six! I remember thinking that was so cool. Caroline always lived quite close to my parents home, so I got to see Richie a lot. He was such a cute, semi-nerdy kid. I don't have any pictures with his glasses, but trust me when I tell you they were BIG. I remember him being happy and carefree all the time, kindof like my Lizzy. He had quite a few passions...dinosaurs, legos, the Colorodo Rockies. I can remember years of him wearing a Rockies ball cap that was at least 5 sizes too big for his head. He was smart, and still is.

He now works for Campbells...the soup place. He gets to help "create" soups. Different flavors, different combinations. Can you imagine anything better? When we get together as a family, leave it to Rich to bring gobs of Pepperidge Farm cookies, Godiva chocolates...both owned by Campbells.

Something has happened to Rich in the last few years. The kids are obsessed with him, and he seems to be quite taken with them too. He is so good with them. Patient. Funny. He talks to them like they are little grown-ups. They wear him down eventually, but I feel like I have had a glimpse into what kind of father he will be. It's a good glimpse. He loves his family. We love him too!

Happy Birthday Rich...hope it was a great one!
7 comments:
Very sweet. Very special.
this is wonderful! I got all teary. I just love Rich so much and you are right... he WILL be an awesome Dad. I am so lucky to have such a great brother and friend.
You did it again....tears. Rich is such a great young man. I'm so happy that he still enjoys getting together with family.Rich...we need to play some serious games !!!!!
This is such a great tribute and wonderful idea for you to have for in the future. Richie, you are an incredible man, one that I love to brag about. We love you so much.
I found a picture of "the" glasses to send to you,but yours is better...love it!!!
Amy, thank you so much for making this. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all the various pictures. Thank you for starting such a great tradition.
rich
the picture update is perfect!!! That is exactly how I remember my brother when he was little. Huge glasses, huge Rockies hat and a tiny little body!
Post a Comment