Sunday, June 8, 2008
help me out here...
OK...I am thinking lately that I need to get some of my photos out there. People often ask me if I have a portfolio they can look at (I get it...I would TOTALLY want to see some images before I hired a photographer). I have some, they just aren't accessible to people. I have books at my house, files on my computer, but I haven't crossed over to the internet. Quite frankly, I'm afraid. I don't want people looking at them and wondering why I am actually charging people. I don't want people who are better than me getting a laugh out of my stuff. There is ALWAYS somebody better out there. I don't want people to look at what I consider art, as off center, out of focus...(ie. the picture below). I guess what I need is a pep talk. I'm scared. Do I just post them on my blog here, create a separate blog that I link people to? Help. Talk me through this BIG change. Here are a few of my favorites from the past few weeks. Thanks for reading my entire rant. Love you.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
You should have your own site,I think,somewhere where people could see examples of your GREAT talent.you really do have a way to get pictures that others don't.Maybe you could then divide your picts into catagories so that if someone wanted wedding picts that's where they would go.
How did sharing time go?
Michelle,you said it so well!! I agree with everything.Amy just needs a push!!
Amy, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I have the wedding pictures you took all over my house and I get compliments all the time, and people ask me who my amazing photographer was. I can't wait for you to take some more family pictures of us, which we need to do soon while it's still just the three of us. I really like the idea with the blog where you can click on categories like weddings, babies, engagements, etc. you could also do something like picasa, but I like the thought of you being able to add your comments to the pictures. Go for it!
Amy, I totally think that you should have a site. I think that you take WONDERFUL pictures. Dan is pretty good at making websites if you need any help or if you wnat his input, help or whatever. He is actually this site master for a business and an artist. Let me know! Go for it.
Amy, first I wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog about the echogenic focus. I appreciate hearing your story. It is really scary but it really helps me to hear of others situations.
Second, I have to agree with the others here. I think you definitely have a talent. I wish I were closer to you for you to take pictures of my girls. I love the pictures you take. I think your own site would be a great idea to show people the work you do. I enjoy looking at your blog partly because of your photography. Please let me know if you get a site put together. I have friends down in Utah I would totally recommend you to them. Good luck figuring it out!
Okay Amy--I think you are SO talented!! You measure up to so much that I see out there. All the pictures you have taken of my family make me so happy every time I look at them. My sister likes to look at your blog just because your pictures are so fun to look at--
I do think you need a seperate blog/site whatever for people to go to. Definitely.
(I understand your feelings though--BUT please know how talented you really are)The more you put youtrself out there the more people will find you, the more photos you'll do, the more practice you will get, etc. love you!!!
BTW, heard from the hubby and kiddos that sharing time was great!
Oh--and those random pics are great Amy quality pictures--
I'm excited to see what you do with this!!
I have a few other people I know that do their own photography thing and NONE ARE ANY BETTER THAN YOU! What I've noticed is that everyone has their own little thing that makes them different, though I can never really explain what it is. I LOVE the "Amy touch," capturing the most simple moments and making them beautiful. There's always going to be "someone better," even to "the best" but you do it anyway because, to some, you are the best!
Do a separate site or blog, then link it to yours and all of us will link it to ours...etc. You'll do great...and, if you think about it, at worst you'll be no worse off than now.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?? You are doubting your talent!! Dont hide behind it, start a blog. Here is an example.
http://raquelsphotography.blogspot.com/
Amy, these are gorgeous. I view you as a professional photographer, even if you don't quite see yourself that way. You are amazing at what you do, and your skill isn't exactly like everyone else's. But that's exactly what makes your stuff so incredible, You see things from an angle that no one else can see and you produce gorgeous art that is worth WAAYYYYY more than you charge. I think you DEFINATELY need a website, a link from your blog isn't a bad idea. Get your stuff out there Amy, if it's not people's style then they'll look for something different, but you're never going to know until you make it more accessible, know what I mean jean?? Love you!
Post a Comment