
So the kids and I went with some friends to see this movie today. Don't know why we waited so long. I was really pleased. I think they were too. Steve Carell...hilarious...always. Jim Carrey was awesome...and Carol Burnett...need I say more? We loved it. There was a scene at the end where Horton and the Mayor sing a duet. REO Speedwagon to be exact. I can't fight this feelin'. I was consumed with memories. This was basically THE song of my pre-teen years. Tracy and I would sit by the radio in the kitchen all day waiting for it to come on. If one of us wanted to go outside and play, the other kept watch (or listen, I guess). If we heard it, we stopped everything, sprinted outside to tell the other, then sat together and dreamt of some lucky fellow. I love you Tracy. :)



5 comments:
It was a great movie!! Fun day!
So my memory of the song surrounds holding the hand of a boy who had always been "just a friend"--so we went and made it all complex. Oh well!!! C'est la vie.
I love your story with you and Tracy--funny, funny.
Love the eighties!
You guys were so funny and cute.So serious abouy it all.
Oh Amy - there are so many songs that I hear from jr high/high school days and I think about you. If it's Richard Marx, Glen Mediros, REO Speedwagon, When in Rome, Nelson, Bryan Adams, and that British Guy with a big cheesy smile and some curls on top that only had one really good song - his name escapes me now - well I think of you and church dances and talking about the McMinns and the Cooks and Steve Smith and what was the guys name you liked that looked like Johnny Depp? Oh what great memories. We'll have to check out that movie too.
Im excited to see this one!! Glad you gave it a good review. I saw your kids riding with the Freys today! They were are so cute together. Loved it.
We saw the movie for Memorial Day with my family. It was fun and Gavin was a GREAT boy the whole time. Lots of colors and fun things. It was cute and the song was awesome. Have I ever told you how much I love REO Speedwagon?
Post a Comment