Thanks for coming Dad. We loved having you here!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
grandpa...
Here's a brief synopsis of our time with Grandpa. We had a GREAT weekend with him visiting from Delaware. I'm realizing now that these pictures are in reverse chronological order. I'm STILL now totally getting the blogger thing. :(
Lizzy and her Grandpa Temple. I almost want to explode looking at how much love they have for eachother in their faces. Their eyes. I think Grandpa may have a thing for this gentle little girl.
This is what you will see most of the time he is visiting. A camera up to his face. I learned from the best!
Dinner at the restaurants of our (make that MY) choice every single night. My two must haves were steak and fish. Both expensive, rare visits for us. It was such a treat. Seriously. For a family who tries not to eat out much...for whatever reason...SUCH a treat! Dad is all about the good food. I think I got that from him too!
Walking to pick up the kids from school Friday (their LAST day). Molly couldn't get enough of Grandpa. She and Emily were borderline smothering him the whole time. They just love him so much. Molly would have some serious conversations with him too...she has gotten ALL of her vocabulary since he saw her last.
The kids came home from their last day of school with all sorts of treasures. Notebooks, journals, portfolios. I know Grandpa was interested, but he was tired too. Emily and I noticed at least 5 drift-offs while Lizzy shared her binder. He tried so hard. He really did. We wore him ragged.
Last but not least, the river trail. They love it. Until they notice just how many mosquitos are out there.
Thanks for coming Dad. We loved having you here!
Thanks for coming Dad. We loved having you here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
i love visits from grandpa's and grandma's. it is so much fun to watch the kids interact and love them. i was smiling the whole time i read this!
Did all of you inherit your gentleness from him? I was happy to meet your Dad.
Looks like you had such a wonderful visit!! Family is so great.
Dad is such a great man. He really is. We're spoiled to have him. I'm glad you guys had such an incredible time with him out there. IT also is a major relief to me to see that your kids know and love him so much despite not seeing him (and mom) a ton. I always worry my kids won't know and appreciate them as much as I do, although Elsie has seemed pretty darn comfortable with them both. One good thing we both and our kids have are great memories, those can be brought up every day to remind them of the great times they've had with their grandparents, and of future ones as well. I can see dad drifting off in the one picture, it's so sweet, they're troopers.
I love your dad too! I love his now "white" hair. I love seeing him in the temple before a sealing with his white clothes and his white hair. He looks like an angel. Brinn said she was SOOO sad she wasn't there when you dropped off the pictures. She was really sad she missed your dad. Glad you had a great visit!
These pictures are wonderful ! Are they all on Walmart? I don't remember seeing a couple of them.
I am glad that everyone had a great time with Grandpa. Then again, HOW COULD YOU NOT!?!?!? :) We are SO lucky to have such an incredible family.
He looks like such a sweet man...it made me think of my grandpas, who've both passed on, and my dad - all sweet, gentle men. I take for granted that not a lot of men really are like that. We are blessed!
Post a Comment