Friday, June 27, 2008

he's home...


EARLY! Yay! We missed our daddy so much this week. He's been gone at scout camp since monday am at 7. I have been dreading this all summer. Really, really dreading it. I DO NOT like to be home alone. I get worried and anxious. I hear too much. I panic. Guess what though...I survived. And here are some things I learned:

Alex spent 5 days as the man of the house. Molly even called him Dad half the time. He told me the first morning...Mom, this is really hard. Being the man of the house. I wish Daddy would have walked me through it a little before he left. :) Alex was awesome. He really made me feel more comfortable. He helped me. I have great kids.

I had Dave give me a blessing before he left. One that told me not to be scared. One that told me we would be protected. HE would be protected. I still worried a little though. I called my dear neighbor Leonard and asked him if I could have him on speed dial at night just in case. Like a good father should...he told me SURE, then told me I needed to trust the Lord. I had prayed, now I needed to have faith. Michelle reminded me of the same thing. Dave was serving the Lord...the Lord would watch over me and my kids.

I have great friends. THE BEST. I had phone calls all week, offers to watch my kids, people coming to hang out with me at night. It actually makes me cry thinking about it. I love them. They knew I was worried and they watched over me. Thank you.

I CAN do it. I rely on Dave too much for simple things. By the time he gets home from work at the end of the day...I pass the baton and check out. With noone to pass it to, I had to do it all, and I realized that I am capable. I had more patience with my kids than I thought I would. More energy. More confidence. More peace.

We actually had a great week...but man, am I glad he's home a bit early. We love him and have really missed him.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

you are amazing. i knew you could do it!

emlizalmo said...

I realize how lame this all sounds to some of you who go husbandless a lot, but for me...it was tough. I'm lame, I know...but I was so worried. Thanks again for watching the kids Michelle. :)

Ryan + Jess said...

I'm SO glad you survived. I honestly am the exact same when Ry is gone - jump at the slightest noise, nervous about everything...so you are not alone. Good to be back together as a family again!

brittany said...

I love that picture. Molly looks SO happy to see Dave. He is such a good dad, and look at you surviving a whole week w/o him, i'm not sure i could do it.

O family said...

Go Amy! I completely know what you mean. I am so very nervous about going to the beach without Dan. I will miss him so much. I feel sort of empty or like I am missing something when he isn't around.

mj said...

So glad Dave is home and that all went well.It wasn't as hard as you thought,was it? Husbands are sure missed when they are gone tho.

MommyMert said...

You did it! WooOhOO! Now you appreciate the husband that much more. Love it, glad he made it home safe, and love that you were a tuff cheeka.

laurag said...

Amy, I knew you could do it too, but I am very relieved Dave's home. It is refreshing to know though, or realize I should say, how much we actually are capable of when the situation arises. Well done Amy.

laurag said...

Crap, I forgot to mention anything about the cutest part of this entry - ALEX!!!!!!! What he said to you makes me love him even more, I mean, he totally stepped up to the plate to be the man of the house and I am so proud of him. I love what he said to you. Great picture too.

Kami Lynn said...

Good for you Amy, You Did IT! It is hard and a bit scary, but you do have great kids as do I and it does make it easier huh. I'm just so greatful that my husband doensn't have to travel anymore...It makes you appreciate quality of life, giving up those big jobs with lots of money, for less money and more husband...We are all so proud of you! ps. your not lame...thats just how it is

Lady said...

I'm glad you survived a week and are now more confident. You just do what you have to - sometimes there are no alternatives! I bet you could even survive if Dave left for 3 months and you had to give birth while he was gone! You COULD do it!

Ty, Nat, and Raymie said...

Thanks for loaning us your husband! I know first hand the effect he has with those boys. Sooner or later you'll be happy when he leaves you alone!!!!! :)

Kristin said...

Amy--you aren't lame--even after 9 years of paper routes, I HATED waking up when Jon was gone--I depend on Jon so much-not just cause he's a BIG help--he keeps me sane and on task.

So I am glad Dave is home again and grateful there are people like you guys willing to serve the Lord and your fellow members. Alex is a great kid.