Wednesday, June 11, 2008

THE chicken salad...

Let me just preface this by telling you it will knock your socks right off your feet! You have never tasted anything like it before...I can guarantee it! My sister-in-law Thelma found it somewhere...and for that I will be eternally grateful. Hope this helps with the morning sickness Erin! :) Sorry...no picture...lame-o.

Tropical Chicken Salad

Tropical salad dressing (recipe follows)
3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
¾ c coarsely chopped celery
¾ c seedless red or green grape halves
¾ c coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or toasted almonds
lettuce leaves
strawberries, kiwi fruit and toasted coconut flakes for garnish

Prepare salad dressing. Combine chicken, celery, grapes, and nuts in large bowl; stir in 1 c of dressing. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Mound salad in lettuce-lined plates. Garnish.

TROPICAL SALAD DRESSING:
½ c cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)…find by the mixed drinks
1/3 c red wine vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1 garlic clove
Combine in food processor or blender. Slowly add 1 c vegetable oil, processing until smooth. Serve extra dressing with salad greens or fruit. DELICIOUS!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can't wait to make it!

Michelle said...

Sounds so yummy and yet looks so intense...I'm sure I will love it. I'm just too tired right now to think of making two things for one meal. Listen to me! I'm such a complainer. I'll be more positive.

Kristin said...

Is that in your cookbook?? Looks familiar--and sounds absolutely heavenly as far as chicvken salad goes. Have a BLAST with all your family--will miss you!!!

emlizalmo said...

It's in there. Try it...you will flip!

brittany said...

this sounds yummy! can't wait to try it.