Sunday, June 29, 2008

we did it...




We got the picture. OK...so the shooting in the mirror thing is a bit tricky. By the end, I just handed the camera to John our sales associate and he took them for us. This is Carrie and I. What we look like now. After 4 kids each, a decade of marriage each, 16 years after we met. We went out for Thai food, then rather than a movie, Carrie wanted to get us matching bags for my birthday. We bag shopped at the mall for over an hour...and it was SO fun. We laughed a lot. The brown bag in the last 2 pictures is what we finished with. Is that the coolest present idea EVER? I told her we now need to do a whole separate bag blog...the life of the brown bag. She can do posts from all over Mexico, and I can do them from Delaware and Utah, and Utah, oh...and Utah. Wouldn't it be fun to see where these bags go? And by the way...I cried...but only a little bit. :)

8 comments:

mj said...

This is so sweet. What a great friend she is. Love the bags,and glad you finally got some pictures with her.

Michelle said...

I love that you two look better after 4 kids than I do after one. What a fun day. These pictures are great and I love how they help with fun memories.

brittany said...

the brown bag would really love oregon and washington as well. hint hint

O family said...

oh this is so cute. I think that it is an awesome idea to have matching bags. So sorry that your friend is leaving.

laurag said...

Good for you to finally get pictures of the two of you, you'll be so glad you did. You both look sooooo happy and pretty Amy, and I love the bags. That is a brilliant idea to get matching bags and then to follow them on their journey's. I'm so sorry she's leaving, is she coming back after the time in Mexico?

MommyMert said...

Yea!!! looking forward to the brown bag blog!

Lady said...

If you need your bag to come to Pennsylvania on August 3rd, consider it invited!!! Glad you and Carrie made some memories before she left!

Kristin said...

Great, great bags. Love it.