1. McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait. Why do I love them so much? I sometimes crave them over ice-cream. Seriously. I know...you're probably thinking I could just make them at home myself. Yeah, I probably could, but they would lose their charm. They are the perfect size, only 160 calories. I can eat 3 in a sitting. Yesterday was another day at Walmart for Molly and I. I promised her a treat if she would sit still. She was a gem. You know what the treat was? Her very own parfait! She was elated. Oh gosh...I need one right now. Honestly.

2. The Tijuana Brass. They make me so ridiculously happy. I think part of it may be due to THIS SNL skit, but I loved them even before. Skip to the 2 minute point if you want to skip some of the fluff. Honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Dave introduced me to the TB. My sisters and mom used to love them back in the day, but I don't really remember. Anyhow, Dave's Uncle Jim was a huge fan, so Dave a few years back, downloaded a bunch of their stuff. I remember thinking...what IS this garbage? I've since changed my tune. The music makes me smile...actually it makes me laugh. I have it on several of my mixes in the car, and I like to see people's reaction when they hear it. Give them a try...they'll make your day!
3. I had to run by the school yesterday to take some cookies to a teacher there. Before I left, I had to run out to the playground where the twins were having recess. They didn't see Molly and I yet, but we saw them. They were running together towards the jungle gym...holding onto eachother's arms and laughing. I can't tell you how happy that made me. Tears in my eyes happy. I love them so much...and they love eachother.
4. Samoas. Need I say more?
What made you happy today?



8 comments:
samoas seriously are a little peice of heaven. THe fact that you can only get them once a year makes them that much better
I'm lovin the thin mints today. A lot. But when Morgan brought us samoas last week, they were gone in an hour. Maybe less.
What has made me happy today? Looking in my rear view mirror at Lydia, smiling at her and having her smile back--a big, semi-toothy, eyes all sparkly grin. I loved it.
Somoas, thin mints, dulce de leche...these have made me really happy lately. Won't be as happy once the 11 grams of fat per serving kicks in! :) I'm really happy when I finish my to-do list for the day and can just enjoy time with the kids, with Carl - just reading, catching up on whatever.
Tim is home from Las Vegas today! Hooray! Samoas are heaven--need to get you some money eh? Made homemade bread... also heaven. :)
I LOVE fruit and yogurt parfaits.. oh my gosh- they make ME so happy! I'm glad your day was so wonderful! I went to the Draper temple today & it was amaaazing. Love you.
I guess number one would be that Val is 4 months pregnant today!!
Hugs from my students always make me happy.
Thinking of going to Out Back tomorrow for dinner made me happy.
Walking with a friend and talking.
Texting my Utah girl.
Samoas. For sure. yeah, the recipe is different, but I still think they are delightful.
The other thing that made me happy? I ran today. I ran the first day in my Couch to 5k training program. I can do anything!
Watching American Idol makes me happy - even though it hasn't happened yet today - I am happy it will be happening. Working on the scrap/rag quilt I am making for our Ward Camp Auction makes me happy. I love seeing it come together and I love even more that I didn't have to buy a thing - just flannel scraps and jeans.
Post a Comment