
Happy Birthday Tracy! I love you so much. For those of you who don't know, this is my little sister. She is right after me in the line-up...#6. She is one of my best friends. I wish we talked more...a LOT more, but that's the cool thing about sisters. You can talk once in a blue moon, but as soon as you see eachother, it's right back to where you left off. I love that she is related to me...forever.

I'm not really even sure why, but whenever I look at old pictures of T-bird, I laugh. She was just so freaking cute with her big eyes, bowl cut, silly faces. Oh...they make me so happy. We really have been the best of friends since I can remember. Even in High School when she was popular and I wasn't so much, we were fiercly loyal to eachother. I could scream at her, hit her, kick her, but noone else could.


Seriously...look at that face! How can you not giggle?

Oh my gosh...and THIS one!

This is Tracy to a T. She loves food. I'm not sure how she stays so gorgeous, but food is a huge part of her life. GOOD food. She is all about recipes, great restaurants, trying new things. She and my Dad share that passion more than anyone else. Some of my favorite recipes EVER were discovered by Tracy after hours of scouring cookbooks. She would take them to bed with her just like me. :)



Most of my memories with Tracy include us laughing. Even when one of us is terribly sad, we can laugh. I think we learned that from our Mom. Laughter makes everything feel just a little bit better.

Tracy has been through more than her share of hard junk. She has survived cancer. CANCER. During those dark weeks and months, we would talk on the phone regularly (she was in DE and I was in UT). I would have done anything to take some of that pain away from her. I could hardly bear it. I think the only way I made it through, and was able to continue caring for my children was to turn it over to the Lord. I told him I needed him to take it from me, and he did. I wanted to carry Tracy's burden, but obviously I couldn't. She made it through though. YAY Tracy! Through everything...she just keeps going. I'm proud of her.


She is drop dead gorgeous, if you ask me. She is one of those people that looks good in everything, all the time. Her smile makes her even more beautiful. You're just drawn to her.

Tracy was always the one to make peace in our family. OK...not ALWAYS, but almost. She doesn't like confrontation or arguements, so she generally doesn't get involved. I remember her saying that she never wanted to say anything she would regret. Sounds like a great way to live. I love to be around her. It makes me happy. I long for the day when she will hop on a plane and come out to Utah for awhile. Just to hang out, laugh, eat good food, and remember great times. :) Love you Tracy!
10 comments:
Ok, this made me cry... a lot. Tracy is such a beautiful person inside and out. Great post!
I love how you know every detail about the people you love. My sister is my best friend, too, so I loved this post. Something no one would ever understand unless they had it themselves.
Tracy really is that wonderful and beautiful. I wish I got to see much more of her..
Tracy - at each different stage in my life I think of ways it'd be more fun/enjoyable if I were able to share them with you. Although we're plenty different, we're alike in many ways too. I think we would have LOTS of fun if we lived closer together. I miss you terribly and love you so much. You are a wonderful example of determination adn strength. We love you.
Tracy is beautiful!
What a nice post- thank goodness for people like that!
This made me get teary too. Tracy is such a delightful person. I hope she will come to realize just how wonderful she is.
I miss you too Tracy. Come out and visit soon. Not too soon. I won't be home till July. But I can't wait to see you again. Happy Birthday.
You are such a good sister, Amy. A good person. What a beautiful tribute for your beautiful sister.
I love this girl !!! What a beauty she is,inside and out !! I wish I could somejow make a book out of these wonderful birthday posts. Wouldn't that be great ?????
Post a Comment