I realize most of you will be completely uninterested in reading my thoughts about AI last night. That's OK...I'm going to write them anyhow. I promise a Disneyland post SOON...just don't quite feel up to it today. It was SO great, but I have a feeling I will have a very tough time trying to trim it down to a reasonable length. Anyhow...here are my thoughts on last night's show. First of all...the judges. Liking Randy a bit more this season. He seems to have more constructive criticism than before. Kara...take her or leave her. Simon...always my favorite. Paula...what did she TAKE last night? She sounded like she was on the verge of tears all night. She never makes an ounce of sense to me. Just a babbling, silly lady. Here are my reactions to the contestants...Adam - He really was fantastic. I don't love the super-high notes or his black nail polish, but he knows how to work a stage. And I love that his parents are so NORMAL. :)
Alexis - Quite a voice for a tiny little gal, but I agree that she oversang it last night.
Allison - The girl is unbelievable. She looks and sounds like a seasoned performer. I predict she will be in the top 4. I love her gritty, rocker voice.
Anoop - Love him, but last night was just plain rough. I think he took the judges bashing quite well. He was horrible, but I wouldn't mind if he stayed.
Danny - Can't get enough. The dancing was NOT great, but the singing...his raspy voice...it melts me. Definitely one of the best 3 of the night for me. Finals for sure. :)
Jasmine - Not quite sure what she is doing in the final 13. She is cute as a button, has a nice voice, she just doesn't do it for me. She seemed a little flat throughout most of her song.
Jorge - I've liked him so far, but certainly didn't last night. The song choice was dreadful. It made me sad though, watching him get criticized. I like watching him happy...crying and happy.
Kris - I'd hardly compare him to Jason Mraz like Randy did. He's cute, plays the guitar well, but after watching it again with Dave last night, he seemed off-pitch a lot. He seems like a smiley, good guy, but there is something about his mouth when he sings that bugs me. I think he curls his tongue or something. I don't really love watching him.
Lil - She's great, although I think she gets a bit too much hype. I liked her last night. She has a rich, full voice, she's just not my favorite...neither is R&B though. I can guarantee she'll be here for weeks and weeks.
Matt - I love him. I really do. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. I think he's amazing at the piano. I thought he was great last night...maybe not as dynamic and wild as Adam, but great. I hope he lasts. He's the only one I voted for b/c I'm a bit worried he may not get enough votes.
Megan - Interesting voice, cute girl. Last night's song was a bit wierd though,and the red dress with the push-up, overflowing out of the top business...didn't care for it at all. Her dancing is wierd.
Michael - I still have a thing for this guy. Love him to bits. His voice is beautiful. He seems so gentle and kind and genuine. I want him to do well. I hope he is marketable enough.
Scott - He was quite good on the paino last night, but I have to say, the singing sounded like something out of a roadshow. He is obviously talented, just not right for this show. I have a feeling he will be kept for quite awhile because of his circumstances, which kinfdof bothers me. I'm sorry. He just isn't as good a singer as the rest. Great guy, just not my American Idol.
Tonight, I think these 4 SHOULD be in trouble...Anoop, Jasmine, Scott, Jorge.
There you have it. Do you agree? What did you think of the show? Next time I will try to condense more. I promise...Disneyland soon. :)



7 comments:
I agree with you about 95 percent, which is pretty darn good. :) Anoop and Jorge need to go, even though they're really nice guys. LOVE Danny more and more - didn't mind the "dancing" because he didn't take it seriously. He knows. :) Thought the group, as a whole, is pretty talented and I was impressed that they pulled off Michael Jackson as well as they did. Michael's performance melted my heart, for some reason. Agree 100 percent with you on Megan...sweet girl but I don't get it, I guess. Adam is talented...not a fan, though, but he'll get far. So far I predict Allison, Danny, Alexis, Lil' (hated her oufit and didn't care for the performance as much either) and Adam as Top 5...for now. :) Love that you do these. I have a feeling you're going to get sick of me before long. :)
Haven't been able to watch it yet, thank goodness for DVR!!! I'm with you about Megan's dancing, it bugs me. I love DANNY!!! I like Michael too. I was hoping for Anoop and Jorge to do good, but after what you said, I just don't know. There really aren't many girls that I really really like . Adam is ok, but I hate the way he sticks his tongue out all the time (don't know if he did that last night, though) I'm going to see my little ARCHIE on March 27. If David Cook comes to Utah, I am THERE. I love his CD!!!!
I was trying to figure out why Kris bugged me - and it is TOTALLY something about his mouth. What is he doing???
Amy, you have missed your calling...you should be one of the judges on AI. You have the lingo and everything.Glad you are back on here. I missed this blog.
love the commentary, keep it coming~ erin
Reading all of this makes me want to remember the show is on and watch it every week.
I agree with a lot of what you said. It did make me so sad to see Jorge receive his criticism. I love his smile and I will miss his accent. I had hopes that they would have a spanish night and we would get to see him sing his own language. I thought the whole island of Puerto Rico would be voting for him so i was so surprised he went home. But Dan said maybe all of India was voting for Anoop.
I was so disappointed in Anoop. I love his R&B soul side and Beat It was NOT the right song. Adam- quite the performer and amazing singer - just not loving his style of music or fashion. He reminds me of Tommy Lee in 1987.
Where I have to disagree is on Danny and Kris. Kris's mouth does move to the side when he sings which looks a little awkward - but c'mon - Doesn't he have the sexiest little smile? I love the tone to his voice and thought the song was great - loved the guitar parts too. Danny is good - but his voice is very raspy and I wonder if he'll be able to sing a variety. And this is the thing that gets me - you can hear him inhale and sometimes its full of saliva. I don't like hearing the wet inhale. I know - gross and maybe I'm the only one who notices, but go back and watch some of his old performances. Plus I think the over the top judging maybe going to his head.
I do like Michael - it's not going to his head. He just seems so sweet and gentle. And I agree with you about Scott. Great piano, Great message, Very inspiring - Doesn't have the vocals to be the next AI. Oh and Love Matt. I voted for him many times as well. Did you know he released 2 previous R&B albums? They are on Itunes. I think he's sounding better on AI than he did on the albums though.
Keep the commentary coming. I love having an outlet.
Post a Comment