
I think choosing ballads was a smart decision for both of them. Showcase your voice, while reaching the country and non-country fans. I've liked them both up to this point, but loved them last night. I must admit though, that I closed my eyes for most of Kris, so I could listen and not be swayed by his strange mouth. Anoop...I could just watch him all day. Preppy, cute, witty. In some strange way, he reminds me of my nephew Rich...who is NOT Indian by the way. So happy for both of them and the comments they got from Simon (we all know those are the only ones that count, right?).
I thought Michael was great. His song was pretty straight, hard-core country though. I'm wondering if that's what the judges didn't like. I thought he sounded good.
Also really liked Matt and Danny, although the first half of Danny's song seemed to be on and off pitch, or just not powerful enough. Not sure what it was...but by the end, I was loving it! They are both so great.
The girls really aren't doing it for me right now. I like Allison, but I'm thinking I may grow tired of her rocker-chic-ness. Lil was not ON last night. I sure did get a good laugh out of Simon calling her Little though. Alexis sounded like a little girl to me. Her voice is just not rich enough. And Megan (sorry Britt), I thought she was dreadful, flu or no flu. I felt bad for her, coughing and everything, but here little shimmy while singing is getting SO old, really fast. I like the tone to her voice and her quirky sound...sometimes. Last night was NOT working.
Scott was once again good on the piano. He just doesn't have the voice for this competition.
ADAM...what the heck WAS that? The song...hideous. His performance...hideous. His actions and wierd eyes at the camera...hideous. His black nailpolish...one again, hideous. He can sing, I won't deny that, but he was freaky last night. I don't like the way he is always performing into the camera...oogling. I don't like his high, screechy notes. I didn't like his v-neck t-shirt. There you go...I'm a snot. Seriously, what kind of albums would he make...and would you buy one? He was just plain coo-coo yesterday. He kept saying he just doesn't do country, like that was an excuse for sounding horrendous. No dude, you sounded horrendous because the arrangement sounded like it was from some middle eastern brothel and you're wierd. Whew. There you have it.




8 comments:
I love your comments on this show... I agree with a lot of them but I haven;t finished watching it all.. Adam was weird
Loved Kris, Anoop and Matt. Agree on everything...Megan HAS to go; I just don't get it...and, sorry, but she needed some 'support' in a major way. It was like sitting in hell watching Adam - very uncomfortable and creepy. Can't say who I think will actually go tonight. Based on last night, Adam, 'Lil or Megan.
Okay - you're going to kill me but I loved Adam's performance. I know i've lost it, but it was one of my favorites - I think he was super creative and even though I too do not like his nails, etc. he's really goot at what he does. I think Randy Dogg got it right. The girls pretty much stunk, and I too liked Anoop and the other dude. Wonder who's going home??????
Amy, don't sugar coat it, just tell us how you really feel ;).
I have to say, that though I have not liked Adam from the start (his look and drama just seem so forced, like he is just a poser - yeeeechhh) , I actually kind of liked his performance last night. Yes, yes it is true that his sultry 'come hither camera' looks give me the gross-out shivers, but I always love to hear creative renditions of classic songs, and if you listened to his with your eyes closed - always recommended in his case, you might have to admit that you liked it a little as well . . . c'mon, admit it!
I missed most of Adam's song but what I did see was HORRENDOUS and frankly just down-right FREAKY! What a weirdo.
Amy - you don't know how happy it made me to go to your post and see pictures of Kris and Anoop. I love them both so much and LOVED both their performances. I love the tone to Kris's voice and I like Anoop's soul. I loved how he changed his song to give it soul.
Danny - still a little too much spit. I don't know what's wrong with me but I hear phlem when he sings. But the second half of his song was great.
I agree with you on the girls. Was sad to see Alexis go. I thought she had a really big voice but last night's performance didn't show it, although how hard it had to be to perform well to save herself just moments after finding out she's going home.
Megan - When Ryan showed the water balloon tonight and asked why the Idols had used them this week - I said to Dan - I think Megan had them in her dress last night. Bad outfit and kinda weird song. She picks really old fashion songs and I can't watch her movements - makes me feel so awkward.
The one that I kind of disagree on is Adam - I sort of felt like Kara - It was so strange and I felt confused but happy. I liked the middle eastern twist and his high notes were so on key and done so well but it was just so weird, but I liked it. Still trying to sort it all out. But you are so right on his girlie T-shirt that made him look like he had cleavage!! And the hair and nails - do you think he's gay? I just don't understand his look.
Thanks again for your run down. I look forward to it every week and I can't believe we have to wait an extra day!! All so we can hear the President speak ... AGAIN...so he can tell us how necessary it is for Congress to waste all our money!!! Tired of it!!! Can't wait til Wednesday.
OK, I'm still learning this blog stuff. Amy, how do you get the AI pictures on your blog? I pretty much agree with you on all counts. Adam was horrific!!! Anoop, Chris, Danny, and Matt still some of my favs. I was ok with Alixis getting kicked off. The girls are really great this year. I HATE Megan's little weird dance. Talk to you next week!!!
I love love love your comments on this show. I look forward to reading them every week! You are so funny!
Post a Comment