
First stop...Newport beach. Since we were up and ready hours before either park opened, Dave really wanted to drive the kids down to the beach. I am SO glad we did. I love the ocean. I can't really even describe how much. I instantly felt peace when we walked out onto that sand and heard the waves, the seagulls. Peace and relaxation. There were several homes/cottages right there on the sand. I need one of those someday. I really do. My cares melt away by the ocean. The kids were on the search for shells as soon as we arrived, and still were as we dragged them away. I think they love the beach just as much as I do.




Every day, on our walk to the park, the kids would run and weave through these green cones. Not sure what the thrill was, but it was cute, and they were happy. :)

Our first stop on day 2 was California Adventure...and we met this guy within minutes of entering. I have to tell you about Molly and all the characters. I think in her sweet, little, 3 year old mind, it was really them. That is part of the magic of the place, I guess. Every single character has a line of people waiting to meet them. Molly would jump up and down, autograph book in hand, and spin in circles until it was our turn. Her energy and excitement were so great to watch. I DO think she wondered why none of them could talk though.

Dave took Alex and Lizzy on the Tower of Terror. That little Lizzy is amazing. No fear. Yet she is my quietest, most timid child. Look at their faces right after they got off. They are looking for me, SO proud that they actually did it. I LOVE that face. She had it every time she came off a ride. Emily and Molly and I had a good time hanging our while the others went on the big ones. They finally convinced Emily by day 3 to try a few. She's just VERY cautious. I wrote my cell-phone # on their arms with a ball-point pen just in case anyone strayed. It was MUCH less stressful than I imagined though. Dave and I were very conscious of where they all were, at all times. I had such horrible fears of losing one of my children there. Alex DID wander off a bit to look at stuff, but one of us was always watching. SO much to see, can you blame him?




We went to see the Alladin musical while there. It was SO great! The kids loved it. I video taped a bit of it. Alex asked why I didn't record the whole thing. He was bummed. I told him I wanted to be able to watch some, and he told me I could have just watched the video later. Nah. We spent a few hours at Californa Adventure, but they kept asking to go back to Disneyland, and hey...this trip was for them right? We walked through Downtown Disney hoping to catch the monorail to the park. I have to admit that by this time I was terribly uncomfortable. Stomach hard as a rock with sharp pains to accompany. I felt like I could only walk about 20 feet before having to rest. The kids and Dave were so patient with me. We finally got to the station, only for them to tell us that it was under maintenance temporarily. I could have died. SO, we turned around and back we went. Uuugh...didn't stop me from taking pictures though. :)

First thing we saw when we got there. :) How perfect. I don't know how or why, but by the time we got there, I was feeling quite a bit better. Whew.

Here we are walking "right down the middle of Mainstreet USA." Michelle lent us a sing-along DVD before the trip. The kids LOVED it...watched it all the time. She promised me that when we were walking down Mainstreet, that song would play through our heads. She was right. :) And I would actually make Dave move a few feet to the left or right, so we really were in the middle. Happy memory.

Autopia. Maybe the most fun we had on our whole trip. Quite a line, but worth every second of waiting. We had so many people (3 to a car), that they would let us go around, switch drivers and go again. The kids LOVED it, so we did too. I went with the twins and Dave with Alex and Molly. We were in the back watching Dave's car bounce back and forth the whole time. Molly was driving! Funniest thing I have ever seen. We laughed so hard on that darn ride. I could have spent 3 days right there. :)


Love this little girl loving her Minnie. Goodnight!
8 comments:
LOVE these pictures, especially the beach ones, they are so great, you hardly even look pregnant, and that picture of lizzie and minnie, oh my goodness! to die for. i am loving these DL posts, i wish we had gone with you guys, it would have been so fun.
I thought I sent this already. I guess I didn't press send or something. These are wonderful. You all look so happy,even in the rain on the first day. The picture of Lizzy asleep with Minnie is one of the cutest I have ever seen. You should send it to Disney Land, they could put a cute caption on it and use it for advertiseng.
SO cute Amy! I love them! Disney is just so magical, and your children are so cute and excited - I just love it! Thanks for sharing this! It is past midnight, I'm in the office and this is making me smile :).
Adam's band will be in disney World in 2 days. They get to be in the parade that goes down Main St. He is very excited. Then they get to perform in one of the new theatres. Cool, huh?
Oh, and your hair looks great. And is Lizzie really taller than Alex?
Could that last pic of Lizzy be any sweeter??
I am loving all of this Amy. I really am.
It really does look like they had the time of their lives. So so so cute. I love the beach shots and the one of Lizzie sleeping too. Simply adorable!
We need some pics of your belly. Well I do. I'm missing this whole pregnancy so the least you can do is share it long distance. I like your hair too. It looks darker.
Post a Comment