Thursday, March 12, 2009

I love my friends...

I know, I know...I need to post about our trip. I am so overwhelmed. I want to remember every detail without boring all of you. I have almost 600 pictures and don't really think blogger would love me uploading ALL of them. Here's what I will say today. The place is magical. It really is. I get happy and giddy just thinking about our time there. I'm already able to block out the discomforts and exhaustion and remember the sheer joy. That's what it was...JOY.

I have the dearest friends. I realize I post about that a lot, but that's because they are hugely important to me. I love them. I LOVE them. Brooke and Michelle...as I mentioned earlier...were SO excited for us. They helped us plan our itinerary, book our hotel, they checked the weather regularly. Then...they showed up at our house the day before we left with a gift bag! Stuffed FULL of goodies...candy, Disney fruit snacks, Disney Pez, granola bars, fruit leather, Mickey Mouse pens...and THESE wonderful little autograph books. I can just see the 2 of them, smiles about to burst as they put these together for my kids, knowing the memories they would be making. Each kid had their own personalized book, with the perfect little dotted ribbon tied on the edge. We took these things everywhere. We didn't want to miss a single character. I'll tell you all about that in another post. Anyhow Brooke and Michelle...thank you. I love you both. I had 2 other dear friends pay me early for photoshoots, knowing we could probably use the cash on our trip. What a kind, thoughtful thing to do. Seriously. I love them too. Another sweet friend brought me 4 of my favorite cookies EVER for my trip. She works at the hospital where they make these cream cheese loaded, butter, balls of dough. She knows I love them, and knew they would be the perfect artery clogging snack for the drive. I love her too. So many phone calls, offers to help with the kids while I packed...I am a blessed girl. I really am.


And now...aren't they CUTE?

6 comments:

mj said...

You really do have special friends. I can't wait to see their autograph books.So happy that you had a great time.

brittany said...

reading this makes me so incredibly anxious to go back. that picture of your kids is priceless, they all look so happy. i love disneyland, there is no place like it, oh i am so glad you guys got to go and have such an amazing time, and seriously what great friends you have, i want them to plan my next trip!!!

Kristin said...

ooooh . . . what a teaser for a picture!!

Can't wait to see all 600 pics

I love that place. I really do.

SO glad you guys got to go together.

Vanessa said...

Awww, Amy I can't wait to see all your Disney photos! I LOVE Disney! And your family is so beautiful...
Just wanted to say that it's so wonderful to have such thoughtful loving friends, but that they are also lucky to have an amazing friend like you. You have so much love for so many people and it's such a precious and rare quality. Thank you so very much for your support re. work - I appreciate it so much and reading your comment brightened my day.
Sending a big hug your way!
Vanessa

Michelle said...

We did. We beamed ear to ear while we made them. We imagined your kids LOVING meeting the characters and having their own books. I want to come over and see EVERY picture and look at EVERY autograph. Love you.

Anonymous said...

That was just wonderful- I love the picture! I can't wait for more!