
I thought I would break up our trip into 3 days. That way I'm not too overwhelmed, and YOU don't have to look at 5o pictures in a row. This 1st picture is right after we got to the hotel. YIPEE! We're here!

Just before heading over...and ready to burst.

I won't describe every single picture, but rather share my memories of the day. Stuff I really want to be able to remember. The energy every morning was intoxicating. The kids would wake up daily at 6:30 am, but the park didn't open until 10 am. SO...we would pack our lunches, get ready, go to our continental breakfast, and try not to pass out from excitement.

I have to admit that I was a bit concerned that first day. How would I be able to hold up? 6+ months pregnant, swelling, cramping, sheer exhaustion. I personally think I did OK...though Davey may tell you otherwise. The kids were ready to break down those gates. You could see the adventures waiting for you just inside...hear the music...smell the food. The music. It was everywhere. And loud. And SO happy. I think the music is half of the charm of Disneyland.

As soon as we got in, we stopped to buy Mickey ears for everyone (the decision making was anything but quick) then it immediately started to rain. We knew there was a chance of rain in the forecast, but thought surely it would stop soon. It didn't.


It rained on and off for the whole day. The WHOLE day. Not just drizzling either...raining. Everyone's spirits were still pretty high though, until about 1/2way through the day. We were all wet...and cold. You couldn't really head to the other side of the park without planning on getting soaked. We did the best we could. I wore a plastic baggie looking poncho the whole day (left my wonderful yellow ones from Michelle in the hotel by accident). You would have to cover the stroller with another one every time you went inside for a ride or show...and it was still soaked when you came back out. The saddest thing about the day was that NO characters were out. I don't think we saw any (made up for it later though :)). Davey wore his birthday button, but people were too concerned with staying dry to pay him much attention. SO...he wore it Thursday too! :) Emily's hat was crooked...the whole time. I was in love with her in those ears. I have about 20 pictures to prove it.

New Orleans square was easily my favorite place there. I just loved the look of it, the sounds, the smells. LOVED it. Molly really hung on to her smiles. She just wouldn't give them to me. She was happy, dancing, twirling, just not smiling for the camera. Dave talked to her about showing her "all day" smile when Mommy wanted to take a picture. It helped a bit. :)
10 comments:
I can't wait for day 2! It is a magical place, it really is! Even for adults, but the look on your children's faces - priceless!
I want to go back!
I love how each of their ears are different--and they totally fit. I love Dave's face in the first picture--and I love how close he and Molly are. She LOVES her daddy. It is so cute. I can't wait for Day 2!!!
(thanks for the phone call--I was near tears . . .it meant a lot to me-thank you for sharing)
I love the picture of Molly crying :) Families are so wonderful.
I love these pictures so much! I am so glad that you all got to go. I can't wait for more pictures! I say, bring them on!
You guys are such a cute family! I love all the pictures. That is so sad it rained so much..
These are great and the description is too - makes me want to pack us all up, rob a bank to pay for it of course and go tomorrow. I'm so glad you guys had such an amazing time, it shows on each of your kid's faces.
Please take me next time. Please. I could be the nanny.
It was like I was right there with you - all cold and chilled in the rain - so excited for the gate to open!!! Thanks for sharing. I do hope one day we will get a vacation like this. I think the kids would love it. Hershey Park is fun but it's no Disneyland!!!
I think my favirite might be them waiting for the park to open.Even tho it is their back, the excitement is palatable.
MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE.
Oh, and P.S. I LOVE that you got them 1st time buttons!
Post a Comment