Wednesday, March 11, 2009

all about Matthew...

My sweet, sweet nephew Matthew is 12 today! 12! I can't believe it. He was a fairly new baby when Dave and I got married. I was in love with him. I remember thinking his lips were the most beautiful, kissable things I had ever seen. He also had amazinly long eyelashes. Serious heartbreaker material here.

I've been told that he has always had quite a temper. I don't know how much of that I believe. I've never really seen that nasty side. :) It's been said that when he was a toddler, his tantrums were so intense that his eyelids would flip inside out. That is some serious screaming. I would have had a meltdown right along with him!

Here is what I, as an aunt who lives on the other side of the country, know of Matthew. First...he is beautiful. You can see that for yourself. A handsome, handsome kid.

He is good at basically everything he does. He was born to be an athlete. He just looks like one. You know how they just have that way about them? That's him doing a quarterback sneak with the blue jersey. GO Matthew!

Once again...he is beautiful. Right?

He has really taken to fishing in the last few years. He's fantastic at it too. I don't know what it is that makes one person better at fishing than another (it's just a rod and some bait), but he's got it. This is him fishing at my mom and dad's dock in the backyard. He brought his rods with him to the beach this last year, knowing our house was right on the bay. He was a gem, sharing them with all the smaller nieces and nephews. It's something that he and my brother Joe can share together. :)

Motorcross. Yikes. Matthew is a daredevil. No fear.

I see Matthew as an angel. He is such a sweet boy. He, because of his age, falls right in between the bigger kids and the little kids at Temple family gatherings. Alex has really taken to him. He follows Matthew everywhere...and Matthew lets him. I know that there MUST be times where he's tired of it, when he just wants to be left alone, but he never lets on. He is so, so kind to Alex. It makes me so happy. I love this boy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW!!!

4 comments:

O family said...

I LOVE THIS BOY! (and this sweet post!). Matthew is a complete doll. He is always so kind and well, just a sweet kid. I know that everyone always uses the word "sweet" but it truly is the best word to describe him.

O family said...

ps. did you take the picture of Matthew fishing? or did Uncle Joel? It is AWESOME!

emlizalmo said...

The only picture I took is the last one...Joe took the rest. He is great!

mj said...

Your post says it right....plus,he is the most wonderful boy with all children. They LOVE him. He is so thoughtful and kind..he loves animals, and we LOVE him!!!! Matthew,sorry we didn't get back from the temple in time to call you...but hope you had a wonderful day.