Thursday, February 26, 2009

you're kidding, right?

This is seriously our top 36? Whew...last night was rough. I couldn't even look at some of the singers, and what I was hearing was even worse. Biggest disappointment for me...Matt Giraud, the dueling piano/Ray Charles guy. His Coldplay song was so, so bad. I am still a fan though. I hope he gets through based on what he has done before. I didn't even vote last night. Not once. No one moved me to get my phone. My favorite was definitely Mishavonna:

Not sure why the judges rode her so hard. I thought she sounded amazing and made "Drops of Jupiter" sound different enough that I loved it. Her voice is unique. Based on what the judges had to say though, I think she'll have a tough time getting through.

Horrendous (I'm being honest here): Matt Giraud, Jasmine, Jeanine

Take 'em or leave 'em: Kai, Matt (the bald one), Jesse (though I think they rode her a little hard too), Adam (makes me nuts with his nail polish, his screechy high notes), Kris Allen, Megan (she may get on my nerves really fast...and she seems a bit like Brooke White - good, but how much is there to her voice...will she always sound the same?)

Not sure where to put him: Nick/Norman. He really CAN sing...though a bit nasaly for my taste. Here's the thing though...TOTALLY entertaining. I could watch him for an hour. I think his vision (Jerry Lewis) kind of stuff is actually quite cool. He'll never make it through, but if he did make it some day...I would go see his show.

The best of the night: Mishavonna, Allison

I predict that Adam will be our guy, Allison the top girl, and the third spot...Kai, Megan, or Kris Allen...though I KNOW if Matt Giraud made it through...he would not disappoint.


Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Not much to talk about. Family is great, I am fine. Tired, but fine. Some days I feel great, energetic, happy...then I'm exhausted the next day. That's where I am right now. In my sweats, skipping my morning volunteer work at the school, about to go drink some coke. Bye for now. :)

9 comments:

michelledoodads said...

I don't know any of their names. No one moved me to get the phone either, but Aaron voted for a few people. I liked the girl with the red hair. The 16 year old. Thought she was great. I could take or leave the girl you love. Sorry.

Lady said...

I'm with you Amy - NO HUGE stand outs last night. I really liked Michovanna also. I thought she did a great job and I thought the OK welder rocked it. That song was really unexpected (thought he would do country or soul) but I didn't find it boring at all. It's sort of a slow rock song - you need to feel it. I thought Kris Allen is SOOOO cute. He did a decent job with Michael Jackson. Taking on a "Michael" song is sooo risky and he did a pretty good job. Kai really disappointed me. I think he's so cute but that song was old fashioned and something you'd hear any band do at wedding/reunion etc... I agree with you about Megan. Her voice was good for that song and she looked really pretty but her movements were weird and hard to watch and I'm worried she won't be able to sing more of a variety. And Adam the Broadway star - makes me feel uncomfortable when I look at him. I HATE his hair and make up. He definitely can sing and the final note last night was pretty incredible. He has great control, I just don't like the style of music he sings - don't like yelling/screechy stuff. Same with Alexis. She can sing too but her Areatha stuff is nothing I would ever ever buy. I liked Giraud a lot too but didn't love the Coldplay song. What will we end up with?? I just pray every day that they bring back Anoop! Do you think HF will answer that very frivilous prayer? Keep updating your thoughts - I like discussing it.

Rachel said...

Amazing how "in tune" we are with each other this season! Amen to EVERYTHING you just said. Matt was always one of my favorites and I was excited when I found out he was singing ColdPlay...then was SORELY disappointed. Loved Michovanna - what's up with the judges. Pleasant surprise for me, though, was definitely Kris Allen - I really hope he gets through. I didn't even know who he was until last night and I loved him. I concur with your results...let's cross our fingers that by some miraculous (though HIGHLY unlikely) reason, Matt goes through instead of disgusting and screechy rock guy. Good but just gross and I don't know how much I can stand to watch.

Unknown said...

Matt had a HORRIBLE night but I'm still pulling for him. He's still my favorite. I voted for him so that he gets another chance. I want to hear him sing MORE!

Christy said...

Not a huge AI watcher, but it is funny you are sooooo into it. I think everyone is but me. But I will comment that coke will make everything better.

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy you were right on. I really like Megan and Adam. I was hoping for Megsn, Kai and Adam.Anyway I agree with you that they just didn't do that good. JOICE

mj said...

So happy that you are on here. I really miss it when you don't blog for a few days.

Payne said...

Amy, you really don't love Adam? I love him and Norm Gentle. I died when he yelled, "Seacrest". I also secretly was hoping for more Tatiana last week! Wierd I know.

The Snow Queen said...

Coke (gasp). My OBGYN prescribed (actually wrote it out on a little paper) a "tiny coke every day or every other day" in order to help out with my hormone headaches! She's so cool. I wish I could be preggers again just so I could see her... kinda, not really, ok so I never want to be preggers again not even to see Rita. Which is a great name.