Dave and I ate at Magleby's today. I had a gift card that he gave me for my birthday...and it was hollering at me. I love everything about the place...namely their breadsticks and this cake. My good friends, the Bouchards, bring me some of the rolls quite often after they go there. They've got inside connections. :) The cake...oh my gosh...I don't even know what to say. Homemade...daily. Melts in your mouth. Perfect mix of chocolate and vanilla. Heavy, dense, moist. I've gotta go take a bite...Bought a small sheet cake (about 7x9 inches). It's in the fridge getting even more dense. I will eat it. All by myself. Happy late birthday to me. :)Thursday, August 21, 2008
the reasons behind my smile...
I am quite happy today. Not that I haven't been recently. I'm generally a pretty happy person, but today...today just felt a little different...and it's only halfway over. :)
My little doll. The twins went back to school yesterday. We miss them. I'll tell you what though...Molly has been talking. Non-stop. She no longer has to compete for my attention. She has me all to herself. All day. And I have her. I can already see a tiny change in attitude. In just 2 days. She said to Daddy today...I say no, no, NO to my Mommy. We had a little discussion about it. At least she can acknowledge her faults. :) She is really into saying THANK-YOU. She will ask me questions incessantly, and every time I say YES, she says thank you...in the teeniest, most delicious little voice.
These are peaches I picked a few minutes ago. They came from our very own tree. It's hard for me to believe we got such amazing fruit without having to go anywhere. These things are great! The birds think so too...and my neighbors. :) I could have filled this basket 10 times with all that we got! They are so sweet and SO juicy...just not free-stone. Oh well, that's life.
Dave and I ate at Magleby's today. I had a gift card that he gave me for my birthday...and it was hollering at me. I love everything about the place...namely their breadsticks and this cake. My good friends, the Bouchards, bring me some of the rolls quite often after they go there. They've got inside connections. :) The cake...oh my gosh...I don't even know what to say. Homemade...daily. Melts in your mouth. Perfect mix of chocolate and vanilla. Heavy, dense, moist. I've gotta go take a bite...Bought a small sheet cake (about 7x9 inches). It's in the fridge getting even more dense. I will eat it. All by myself. Happy late birthday to me. :)
Dave and I ate at Magleby's today. I had a gift card that he gave me for my birthday...and it was hollering at me. I love everything about the place...namely their breadsticks and this cake. My good friends, the Bouchards, bring me some of the rolls quite often after they go there. They've got inside connections. :) The cake...oh my gosh...I don't even know what to say. Homemade...daily. Melts in your mouth. Perfect mix of chocolate and vanilla. Heavy, dense, moist. I've gotta go take a bite...Bought a small sheet cake (about 7x9 inches). It's in the fridge getting even more dense. I will eat it. All by myself. Happy late birthday to me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
your blog made me smile, I can't wait to see all your peaches and your darling little kids, while I have a much needed break and time away from my own little darlings!
Okay, a little sad that I didn't get a shout out for telling you about the new bachelor. Just kidding. I love your peppy, happy posts. Almost made me want to blog. I'm in a blogging funk. Love yours. It is the inspiration...
You are SO lucky to have the peaches! I love them,yummmmy!
I know Michelle...I totally should have mentioned you AND Megan. You completely made my day! You know what...I may go metion it right now!
I am so jealous of your peaches. Did you guys plant the tree or was it already there? I think I need to get one. I love peaches. Yummy, yum yum.
I can't wait to join this happy life!! I'll see you in 6 days=) I'm dying to be in your house again..
Man, I needed to read this blog. I like yours--it covers it all. Mine is so for my family book that I am making . . .love it, but the randomness is refreshing at times. Yeah, great peaches. Very yummy. We LOVED them. Thank you. Molly and her delicious thank you. So cute. Yeah, great chocolate cake. Love the place too. Yummy, yummy food. And . . . squeal . . .you like bachelor too?? Heehee. Reality . . .on TV. Fun stuff. And also . . .your top was so stinkin cute today. And so are you. Glad you are my friend.
*Giggles* I can feel your happiness! Peaches, Cake, Molly... all look yummy!
Great pictures Amy and I'm glad today is even a little better than your normal good day. I know the difference when it happens to me. I'm jealous of your peaches. We've got about 5 apple tress and about 1000 of them rotting on our ground. I don't know what the crud to do with them?? I've got some things to learn. The kids are back at school already? I bet though that this alone time with Molly is going to be so memorable for both of you. Sounds like it already is.
Post a Comment