Poor Emily. She gets sick alot. By sick, I mean that she is nauseated and vomiting for the day, then fine by the evening. I remember Alex doing this alot when he was little too. She's so sad. Noone likes to throw up. She spends alot of time on my bed, a few inches from the trash can. What's the one thing she keeps asking for? Not candy, popsicles, movies, stuffed animals. She wants to cuddle. She wants me to lay down next to her on the bed and scratch her back. She wants that alot anyway, but when she's sick, that's ALL she wants. I remember when I was little, not feeling well, and just needing to feel my mom's hands on my back or rubbing my tummy. Something very healing. Emily loves her mom. That makes me so happy. Her requests should serve as a reminder to me that I need to slow things down, be present with my kids. Not just home with them all day, but WITH them. Not on the computer...like I am right now. Gotta go! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
what a cute picture of the two of you, and what a sweet little girl! you get her all healed up with lots of love and back scratches so I can enjoy her this weekend!
I hope she does feel better tonight--what a sweetheart. And you are so right--there is nothing quite like a mother's touch.
I have some GREAT memories being sick...just because I got endlessly pampered by mom, dad or grandma. I miss that kind of attention! Guess becoming a mom means you start giving it more than receiving, right? Hope she feels better soon!
poor Em! Hope she feels better soon. :)
I can't wait for the day that Mady likes to cuddle. Poor Em that she is sick all the time! Fun to have some one-on-one time with her, though!
:( Sorry babe, get better soon. Glad you get Mommy Daughter time though.
I'm so sorry your sick Emily, that's the pits. But like you've mentioned before, the silver lining is that it can be such individualized attention. Cute picture too.
Post a Comment