Tuesday, August 12, 2008

girls night...

So every 2 years when we go to the beach, the boys get a night out. This year it was on Monday. They headed to Rehoboth for fun on the boardwalk. They are usually out till 11 pm or so and come home laughing and completely soaked from the bumper boats. This year, for the first time, we girls felt quite jealous. We were going to have a night of our own. We got ourselves cleaned up and headed for Sea Shell City. The place is a treasure trove. Full of (mostly) junk...that my kids want to buy. Beautiful creations made completely out of shells, hermit crabs, tacky jewelry, you name it - they have it. The kids take FOREVER to narrow down their selection. My patience wears pretty thin by the time they decide. After we got home and got the girls to bed, Rachel, Lisa and Val headed out on a Rita's run. The PERFECT end to a great night!

I love all these girls. I LOVE them. In this picture, you'll find my mom, 4 of my sisters, my 3 girls, and 7 of my nieces. Tracy would have rounded things out beautifully. She has such a crazy work schedule though. So glad I got to see her twice and got to see her perfect little neighborhood in Philadelphia (another post).


My little (twin) sisters. Crazy huh? They look even more different than my own twins. I love them so much.

Checking out her fishy hat in a lovely shell framed mirror. See what I mean?


11 comments:

brittany said...

what a great way to spend an evening! it looks like so much fun. did molly go home with the fishy hat? i love your cute outfit, you look great!

Marci Miller said...

I LOVE her! She's quite the ham! I am so glad you guys had such a fun time.

Michelle said...

Fun trip, fun girls night. I'm so happy you take your camera with you EVERYWHERE you go. I love it.

mj said...

Michelle,I am with you on the camera thing !!!.There really is no place like SSC, is there?Have you ever found anything really nice in there???

laurag said...

We have officially started our own tradition with this girls night. It was very fun and after topping it off with a Rita's run, very hard to beat. we love you Sea Shell City!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I've met you once or twice, but I found your blog through Michelle's and just had to comment and tell you how much I loved reading about your trip out here. Having someone else appreciate Rehoboth, Rita's, and Sea Shell City is awesome! Having Rita's and Brusters almost makes up for not having a Cafe Rio out here...almost! =)

Lady said...

Silly Girls!! SSC sounds fun and tacky. I love your silly pictures and Gosh - can Michele take a bad picture? I think not!!! She's so photogenic that she looks HOT in your silly picture!

Holladay Photo said...

Fun to see your recent pics of your family, I swear Rachel and Lora look the same as when they were in high school(that was ment to be a complement)

O family said...

I loved our girls night! I adore Sea Shell City! I remember getting SO excited to spend my $5. there when I Was a kid. It was always so hard to pick what to get. I love that our kids now can experience the same excitement. miss you

Krista said...

Hey woman! I'm so glad you are back with us! I missed you last night - THANK YOU for the DARLING stuff. Albert wants a shirt to match! Come visit me and hold the little squirts soon! There could be some salsa involved...

Kristin said...

So FUN!!! I was looking at your Mom in the picture and thinking about how HAPPY she must be every two years to have all of you together. A mother's dream you know? Every one looks so happy.