
RITA'S! Why oh why we don't have them out here in the west is beyond me. East coast thing I guess...but it'll catch on. It has to. My niece Christy and my cute Mom introduced me to them my 2nd day back in Delaware. I was sceptical. How could it compare with my Sonic slushies? Christy convinced me to get a gelati. My life will never be the same. It's almost like a parfait, but with Italian Ice and custard. You choose from 3 flavors of custard (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) and 20-25 flavors of ice. Yeah...25-30. Some of the options are...green apple, passion fruit, mango, key lime, cake batter, root beer, black cherry, pina colada, etc. Custard on the bottom, then lots of ice, custard on the top. My first experience was a small. Great snack size, but I quickly changed to a large...mango ice, vanilla custard. We went 2 more times in Dover in the next 2 days before the beach. We were a bit concerned that the nearest one to us down there was Ocean City...a good 30 minutes. What would we do? How could we stand it? Guess what...I saw one on the way down...15 minutes from the house. I think we managed to get them 4 times while down there. 3 of the times we sent people on an errand, so they were quite soupy by the time we got them. The last time was on the way home from the boardwalk...nice and fresh. 2 more in Dover after the beach and I am forever hooked. The custard is the best stuff I have ever tasted. I realize that is a bit dramatic...but it really is good. Trust me. Love you RITA'S!!!



7 comments:
Sounds divine. Mouth watering. When are we going to sonic?
you crack me up. thanks for introducing us to something we can't have...
Well... hmm... now I need one. I guess Sonic will do.
I agree. We have been enjoying them for 12 years here in PA. When we moved to OK - it was our favorite thing to have when we returned on vacations. Dan even call the franchise to see why they didn't have them in OK - we thought they would sell like hotcakes - OK is soooo hot. But they said they couldn't or wouldn't have them there - LAME!!! We are now glad that we have one 5 minutes away in two directions. We buy by quart when people are visiting and keep them in the freezer!! If you've ever heard their commercials on the radio - cue music "Be Cool - EAT A RITAS!! Be Cool - EAT A RITAS"
Amy, I too am now a believer. This is unfortunate b/c there isn't one out here either. I wonder if mom could ship them to us? I looked up their website to see if by chance there was pne close by...rats. What are you going to do Amy w/o having one for so long? I say lets open a chain.
They sounded so good that I decided to take advantage of our Ritas today. I then was going to call you and describe the flavor in detail,but guess what... I didn't have a penny to my name( I had spent all my cash at a yard sale on Sat) I got some from Dad tonight so Ritas here I come.
Sounds very yummy. I love your descriptions--maybe you should start a franchise?? Obviously Utah Valley doesn't ever get too saturated in the ice cream market.
Post a Comment