Thursday, August 7, 2008

delaware...

I'm not sure how to even begin this entry. 2 weeks in Delaware = happiness. I have so much to say...so much to show...my heart is racing just thinking of how to fit it all in here. SO...I may not try to do it all today. I'll space it out. As I think of something to say over the next few weeks...I'll say it. 1400 pictures, and I love almost every single one. So many people and experiences I want to mention. I love my family so intensely. My joy is really, really full. Here are a few of my favorites for today. :)




I have to mention that this little photo shoot of my kids was at 7 in the morning. I didn't have the chance during our huge family shoot to grab many of my kids and I was desperate to. So, the last morning, before packing up to go, I woke the kids up, did my best with their hair, and we headed over. The puffy eyes only lasted a few minutes...and to be quite honest, it was fantastic! The light was perfect, the beach quiet and empty. Maybe someday I'll show you all 100+!

This is the whole gang minus my sister Tracy, nephew David and nephew-in-law Dan. Quite a mix of people, but I love them all. They all mean so much to me, for lots of reasons. If I could live on a deserted island with just these people, I would. We'd play mafia, eat like kings and queens, and laugh. Lots and lots of laughing!

Alex and Lizzy and one of my favorite pastimes. :)
Waiting for our ride to Delaware.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay, the pic of your whole family in white brown and blue looks great. Congrats! The rest are awesome and I like your idea...send us a couple here and then when you think of it. I hope it yeilds 20+ posts. Can't wait for all the pictures.

brittany said...

I LOVE this post and the posts that are to come, even if I haven't seen them yet :) Your photos of your kids at the beach in Delaware were my inspiration to have great photos of my kids. I have always been so impressed with your talent and the amazing pictures it always produces. Someday I'll have it as together as you do, until then.. I can live vicariously through you.

Kristin said...

Yeah!! Do you know how excited i was to come home and check your blog?? heehee

So glad you got to go back that last morning--they are some beautiful shots. I am excited to see what else you captured. And I really, really like that family picture at the top. It's the candidness I think. (and the people in it)

laurag said...

Oh man, I already feel like the beach was long ago, too depressing. I am so glad you thought to go over to the beach that last morning there, those pictures are incredible and I LOVE the new one you have at the top of your blog!!

jamie said...

I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. I am so glad you are back!

Ryan + Jess said...

honestly, looks like paradise. it is always so hard to come home from a much-anticipated trip. Back to reality, I guess...always much too soon.

Rachel said...

Amy, that place looks heavenly. Everything...the sand, the family, everything. Wish I had a "home" like that to go to.

Jaime said...

FUN!!! I love all those pictures you have such a cute family!

MommyMert said...

Wow, I love seeing things through your eyes. :) I love you! Glad you are home, but so glad you had a wonderful time.

mj said...

Wonderful,wonderful memories !! These pictures make me almost feel like I'm there again.I look at them at least once a day to keep me going.