Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NO...


I've mentioned to some of you that we seem to be having a teensy bit of trouble with our darling 2 year old since we got back from vacation. Her naps are a nightmare. In DE, she slept on the floor...for 2 weeks. Whenever we needed her to go down, one of us (I'll be honest...it was usually Dave) had to lay down with her. Now, she wants the same thing. Every day. She was so easy at naptime earlier in the summer. Lay her down with a book, she talk to herself and sings for a few minutes, she's out. Oh well, I should take full advantage of her allowing us to cuddle.


She also really enjoys saying NO. I take that back...shouting it. Sometimes it doesn't even make sense, she just yells it. No reason...aside from maybe liking the way it sounds. Last night she woke up twice before Dave and I went to bed. She woke up twice yelling NO. Eyes closed, laying down on her pillow, yelling NO. We have a serious problem here. In her sleep? Help.

10 comments:

MommyMert said...

Uhh... no advice on the no. Alexa wakes up sometimes screaming for something or other, like no Jakob dont touch it. I dont get it. Other than that... kudos on still getting your kid to take a nap. Enjoy the snuggle time. She wont want to do it soon and you will miss it.

mj said...

How well I remember the mess vacation often makes with sleep time. It almost taks away the joy of the trip (not quite) I'm sure she will settle down soon..maybe when the kids go back to school and it is quiet with no one to play with. I hope so.

O family said...

Amy, Quinn has been a MESS since the vacation. She has been so off her schedule. I thought that she did pretty well while we were there but I was sleeping in the room with her. Now, she is in her room and well... not liking it too much. Quinn also yells NO for some reason. I think that it is from watching tv though. Like any time you ask her a question, the answer is no. (Even if you ask her if she wants a treat or to play) Good Luck!

Lady said...

No ... is a big problem in our house too, with a 5 year old and now starting with our 21 month old. Phases-- Ugh!!

Kimberlee said...

I wish I had advice...that's all both of my children say!!! If you figure out any solution, please let me know! You're kids are adorable and your vacation looks so fun!!

brittany said...

i think she and stella would make quite a pair, they sound just alike!

Christina & Andrew said...

Oh Molly, what are you being like this for? That cute girl.. she does have a little attitude on her=) I can't wait to see her though, regardless of her obsession with saying no!!

Michelle said...

I left a comment and it didn't show up! I'm so bugged...what I said was, I think you should yell "YESSSSSSSS" at the top of your lungs back. Think that would work???

Kristin said...

I think it stops when they get married. Or something like that. She sure is a cute stinker, though. Great shirt.

laurag said...

Sounds familiar amy, I think each kid need to go thru their own unique 'no' phase. I can just see her now yelling no in her sleep, that would have been pretty darn funny.