
I'm a bit overwhelmed the past few days by everything the Nielson family is going through. I don't know Stephanie or Christian personally, yet my heart aches as if I do. Each morning I head straight to the computer to get an update. If you haven't heard or read somewhere else, NieNie and her husband were in an airplane crash in AZ on August 16th. They are now in drug induced coma's being treated for 3rd degree burns, Stephanie's being the worst with over 80% of her body burned. The pilot Greg Kinneard did not survive the crash. My heart hurts for him to. It actually hurts. How is this possible when I have never met any of them?
I'll tell you...after spending huge amounts of time reading her blog and other blogs created by people who know and love her, I am touched. Moved actually. Crying for people I have never met and probably never will. She has 4 beautiful children. Just a beautiful, beautiful family. You can tell she adores her husband and her kids. Not just by what she says, but how she looks in the pictures when she is with them. You KNOW they feel it too. She isn't afraid to shout out what she believes in. She is gorgeous. I'm not even sure that it's the shiny dark hair, the perfect high cheekbones, the freckles. It's something more. You see it every once in awhile in people. She absolutely radiates. I want to know her, and somehow emulate her.
Earlier today, as I was trying to get the older 3 out the door to school, I lost it with Alex. I barked at him...several times. He tried to hide that he was crying, by running to his room, but I saw it. I saw it and instantly regretted what I had done. What I had said. There is no time for stuff like this. There really isn't. My children and my husband need to KNOW how I love them. There should never be any reason to doubt. There just isn't time.
*Blue Lily Photography



9 comments:
Yeah. Totally overwhelming. Makes me sad and I don't even know them. I thought about doing a post about it today, but can't. Can't put into words. Thanks for this.
I feel the same - she was older then me in high school, but I knew her little sister. And they are just as amazing as they seem. It really does put things in perspective for you, huh? Makes my little bad days seem like nothing!!
Amy, I read about this. It just makes my heart hurt. I completely agree with what you said about how every minute is valuable with the ones that you love. I try to follow and live up to that motto. I bid on a way too expensive necklace.
I hadn't heard of this story either. It is so touching and scary to think that it could have been me or you, you know. I lvoe how you say that we don't have time to mess around and treat those we love poorly, you are so right. What an inspiration.
*tears* I read in the Ensign last night about "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I think it makes me feel comforted that he is here for us, and we are here for each other. I hope that if something happened to me others would be there to help my family. I would be there for yours. xo
Oh Amy, I love you! You are a good mom, and after watching you and Dave with your kids this last weekend I know, they know you love them, you yourself are a beautiful person, and someone I try to be more like...
thanks for your thoughtful words, it's always a good reminder to love our families a little more..
I read about it on your blog last night and I've been haunted by it all day. My heart really aches for this sweet family and what they have endured and will still have to struggle through. It is inspirational to see the response from all over though. Makes me realize once more that the world is FULL of good people. Lisa
I hadn't heard anything about this--Amy, first off one of the things I have loved about you is your love for others--this being a prime example. Anyhow, I checked out her blog--it was kind of surreal to go back and see their entries before the crash-life was so NORMAL--and then . . .mmmm . . .it kind of puts things in s tiny perspecitive. They are both beautiful people--my heart is aching for the whole family. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
My prayers are with this sweet family.Things like this are so unbelievable.....I am so thankful for His peace.
Post a Comment