So I've been quite sick the past few days. Today is looking much better though, thanks for asking. First off...this is not a plea for someone to call me to see if there's anything they can do. We're fine. BUT, I have made a few observations, or been reminded of some thoughts I've had.
#1 - I've lost 5 lbs in two days! Will I be able to keep it off? No. As soon as I even think about food, that weight will come back. That is NOT right. I don't really want to eat, but when I DO find myself craving something, the joy is taken away from me because my nose is so freaking clogged I can't taste anything. I can enjoy the texture, the chewing, but no taste. Why bother?!
#2 - Can I please call in a pinch hitter? A substitute? How are we expected to carry on with our duties as a housewife, when we sweat and get winded just looking at the stairs? Yesterday was rough. I took some dayquil to keep me awake while I was watching Molly, then nyquil at her naptime. The dayquil didn't really work. I dozed off several times on the couch while she "watched a movie". At one point I heard her calling for me saying something about poopie. I wanted to roll over and pretend I didn't hear. But my pinch hitter wasn't around, so I HAD to do it. She had removed her messy diaper, then dropped it and all it's contents on the floor, then slid her dirty little self up onto the toilet. Yeah...she's ready to potty train! Not today, please. Anyhow, quite a doozy to clean up. A little while later I decided to take a bath. I didn't want to waste precious time while she was asleep later for a bath, so I did it while she was awake. Usually I can put her on the floor, turn on a movie (yes, lots of movies at my house yesterday) and she's fine. As soon as I turned off the water, I heard a cupboard door slam. Well, my bottom cupboards are all child-proofed, which means, she dragged a barstool over to my candy stash up above the counter. I had JUST gotten in the tub. Really , I still had the goosebumps from that perfectly hot water. I yelled for her to put the stool back. Uh-uh. Please. Uh-uh. MOLLY, put the stool back NOW! UH-UH! NOOOOOOOOWWWWW! Let's just say, it was not a relaxing soak in the tub.
She's doing much better today. I decided to leave the door unlocked during my bath to see of that helped. It did...to an extent. She was watching Rabatootie (Ratatouille). She came in that bathroom every 10 seconds. I'm not joking. As soon as she would shut the door, and I would see her little shadow move away...she was back. Mommy, Rabatootie in water. Hahahaha. Mommy, me want a banany. Mommy, your toes falling off? I will say this, she left everytime I asked her to. A step up from yesterday, right?



7 comments:
oh Amy, I am so sorry that you are feeling bad. I completely know how cruddy it is when you are sick and you can't "take a sick day". I love reading your entrys. Fun stuff and Molly is such a cutie pie. I can't wait to see her again!! Hope that you can get a good night sleep tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a little bit better :)
It's funny, how even that little, they can get anything they want with a face like that. I want eat her. YUMMY YUMMY.
I really am sorry that you feel ICK...but that post was funny! I'm glad I'm not the only one with sick days like that. Hope you feel better soon!
I know I talked to you, but here is a hug anyhow. I love this pic of Molly.
Mom's shouldn't be allowed to be sick. There should be some built in immunity if you have given birth that for the next 18 years after the last time you gave birth - no sickness!!!! It is way too hard and your body doesn't have a chance to get better because it never gets the rest it needs!!! Hope your feeling better soon!
Sorry your sick. :( I know how that feels. It would be nice to be able to have a pinch hitter sometimes.
This made me chuckle.Oh how I remember those days.I agree,it is not possible to care for anyone when you feel terrible,and certainly not a busy little girl like Molly.
Post a Comment