Monday, April 14, 2008

what a day :)

Yesterday was GORGEOUS! The beautiful weather lifted my spirits, and everybody else's too. Christy came over for dinner (only 1 sunday left) :( then we headed out on a walk. It was quite a bit longer than we planned, and afterwards we spent the rest of the night vegging on the couch. We were exhausted. That is so pitiful. Anyhow, we walked to the playground, no time contraints, and just enjoyed eachother.

Pre-walk...this was Emily. SO mad that I wouldn't let her ride her bike. SO MAD...but still adorable somehow. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. She is such a pleasant kid though...this is her 10 minutes later. Skipping, giggling, happy.
At some point today, each of these kids of mine looked just perfect to me. You know that feeling when you catch a glimpse, the light is bouncing off their hair, they are content, and your heart skips a beat? Yesterday was just one of those days...it kept on skipping. I would say...don't move!...and try to catch it with the camera. It never quite worked though. Each of the 4 was SO beautiful and so perfect in their own way, their own moments. I love these children. I feel very blessed to have them as my own. Very blessed. Lizzy had just shown me where their PE teacher made them run the other day. They say 1 mile...I'm not sure. But, she was proud and I was happy.

The sky was seriously THIS blue. Alex would have these moments in between all the running, sliding and jumping, where he looked pensive. Don't know what he was thinking about, but I could have watched him all day.

Yeah...she's on a dumpster, but look at that sky! Can you believe it? She loves and trusts her Daddy.

This last one doesn't really affect me like the others, but it makes me laugh. This child is obsessed with picking her "toe jammies". It's slightly gross, but really cute. Dave had to stop on the way home because she got the urge.

Spring break is this week...and I am not going to be my usual lazy self. I am going to fill the week up with some great stuff! I'll let you know how it goes. Ta ta.





9 comments:

Rachel said...

The way you write, you need to write a book. AND...take pictures and put them on every other page. I would buy that in a heartbeat (and one for everyone I knew)!

Lady said...

Gotta love "toe jam". Ainsley used to call it - "toe boogies". She would part each toe to see if she had anything and then say "Toe Boogies - NOT yummy". GROSS. Piper on the other hand doesn't like her toes being touched. I wonder if she'll even care about such things. Glad you could enjoy a perfect day and capture it with photos. Missed your mom on Sat. I am SURE she was invited. Everyone was wondering where she was... thought she had gone to conference and was hanging out with you. Talk to you soon.

O family said...

So glad that the weather was great. Your kids are adorable and I can't wait to play with them!!!

Michelle said...

I love blissful days, and I, too, enjoyed the peace and beauty of sunday. Happy spring break to you. Keep in touch.

Kristin said...

Toe jam . . .cute because it is Molly toe jam. Your kids are beautiful and your pictures capture them so amazingly well! I love reading about them and seeing them. (Emi's mad photo is great-cute haircut)

Holladay Photo said...

I am so glad you left a comment so I could find your blog. You have a beautiful Family. I love the photoboth pics. Those have alway been some of my favorites. Maybe we will cros paths in Dover some time, or if you are even in Hawaii.
aloha
Mark

Amberly said...

Your pictures are all so amazing and your kids SOOOO cute!

brittany said...

that picture of emily is to die for!! how cute are all your kids. oh my goodness. we must talk after idol tonight!!

MommyMert said...

It was a beautiful day! Im glad you were able to go out and enjoy it! I love your kids. They really are so adorable.