Biggest Loser was awesome this season...and has inspired me to get control of my weight. If they can do it, I sure as heck can, right? It was SO cool to see a girl win! SO COOL! Ali looks unbelievable. I would really have liked to see Kelly win though. She was kindof the underdog the whole way, and I love the underdogs. Every single time. She looked absolutely gorgeous at the finale.
I will be the first to admit that I am not too keen on Mariah Carey. I was dreading the songs actually. David Cook was "molten hot"! I couldn't believe what he was able to do with that pop song. He seriously DOES NOT disappoint. I have had him picked since the top 24, and with my obnoxious, obsessive voting, I think he may be able to pull it off. I love the sound of his voice. I want his album. Here's how I ranked the others. You may or may not agree, but I AM right...sorry...1. David Cook - blew me away
2. Jason Castro - haven't liked him much the last few weeks, but he was fantastic on Tues.
3. David Archuletta - consistent, but Dave and I think his voice always sounds the same, whereas Cook can mix it up a little
4. Carley Smithson - does anyone else agree with me that the judges ride her a bit too hard?
4. Carley Smithson - does anyone else agree with me that the judges ride her a bit too hard?
5. Kristy Lee Cook - OK, she obviously wasn't really #5 since she's gone, but I was actually a little impressed
6. Syesha Mercado - decent
7. Brooke White - I'm sad to have to rank her here, but I was NOT loving her performance. I love her, but I think she rushed the whole thing and was quite "pitchy". I can't believe I just said that.
WOW! They did it. Ozzy was blind-sided. I can't say that I'm happy he's gone, but I'm not crying about it either. He was amazing...I'll admit it, but he was also arrogant and controlling. It was incredibly smart for them to get rid of him. Dave and I were on the edge of our seats wondering if he would play the idol. Now THAT was the dumbest move in Survivor history, Ozzy. My heart was racing like I was watching firgure skating in the Olympics (you know what I'm talking about...don't act like you don't). I wouldn't be surprised if a fan won this whole thing. And I wouldn't be disappointed either.
From the very first night, I had Noelle as my choice. After Monday night, I'm seeing that I may actually be right. She's completely down to earth. I think it may be her, which will surprise everyone. Ellen has picked Shayne. I can hardly stomach that girl. I would almost be willing to put some $ on this one.
Kristy Yamaguchi...wow! Her dance on Monday was gorgeous...and I'm not even a dancer. It was so graceful and flowy. She will no doubt win this thing. I've never actually voted for this show...maybe I'll start.Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest...whew...feels good!



13 comments:
I love that you love reality shows! And a HUGE AMEN that the judges are too hard on Carly! I have a pretty good ear for good, technical singing and she's probably the best singer, technically, on the show, though I have a few favorites. I did, however, hear Simon say later he was harder on her because she's so great and he wants to push her to be even better 'cause he knows she can. Whatever.
You are a riot. I love watching these shows with you and Dave. I feel like I'm watching a final four or a world series or something,and I really dont even like the shows (except A.I.)
ok, so a couple things. ozzy getting voted off makes me not even want to watch the show. i can not stand that jason guy. he makes me crazy and he is NOT better than ozzy. cirie needs to go now, she is caniving and manipulative. i wish wish wish ozzy would have played the idol. what an idiot. ryan says he deserved it if he was dumb enough not to play it.
biggest loser was really great and i was so happy for ali. both girls looked amazing. in fact most people did.
a.i. david cook was awesome as usual. i didn't like jason castro at all. i swear he always looks high to me and i am tired of him. i love love brooke and i need her to have her break out moment. i know she can do it. i agree the song was very rushed. i was sad.
sorry for the marathon comment. i really do need to call you and talk to you. so much going on.
sorry i forgot dancing with the stars. kristi is so super amazing! i love watching her.
ps did you see zack in the audience the week julianne got voted out?
Wowsers.. do you like TV? ROFL--My vote is on Kristi too, however I really like Shannon Elizabeth because I like D. (yeah...lame reason).
I can't believe all the shows you get in and that your kids go to bed soo early. We don't usually have our last one in bed til 9:30. We have baseball 2 nights a week, and church activities one. I just get so happy if I actually get to see AI and Numbers on Friday night! I agree with you on David Cook - it was a great creative song and I really enjoyed Jason Castros version too. He does make really weird faces!!! But Carly is NOT my favorite. She screams WAY too much!
Yes, they are hard on Carly. Yes, David Cook is white hot, and yes, I love you more for this post.
So I don't watch the other ones BUT I am completely obsessed with The Biggest Loser. I love that show. I too am really happy that Ali won. I was secretly hoping the whole time that she would. Love the trainers and what they do for every person. Do you believe that I cry during almost every episode?? lame, I know. :)
Hilarious!!! When we had TV, we liked the reality shows too. Watched the Bachelor a couple of seasons, then there was the one where they had the not so "hot" guys with the "hot" girl, American idol with Reuben (loved that teddy bear) and Clay and Kimberly, oh she was good too!!!the Mole--does anyone remember the mole?? The season we watched was with the Baldwin dude and some redhaired chick--Kathy?? Anyhow . . .--Dancing with the Stars is a new one. I think I would like it if I watched it. I also think i would get into Oprah's Big Give show she has started--kind of wish I could be watching Am. Idol--oh well, maybe someday . . .
And I totally know what you mean about watching the ice skating--all over that one.
Speaking of ice skating--I loved Kristi yamaguchi as a kid!!! I was so glad she won the gold!
Okay, so you watch more reality TV than I do, but I watch my fair share. I totally agree with you that David Cook is the best on AI, and Tim and I were both on the edge of our seats during Survivor last week. I don't really like Jason all that much, but it was great to see Ozzy get snaked out of his idol because of his over-confidence (the look on Amanda's face is really what made it all worth it :)). This has been a really good season of Survivor with a lot of blindsides and other hullaballoo to mix things up - makes it way more fun to watch than the past seasons that have been so predictable. Thanks for the post - it was fun to read.
Amy, this is your sister with the horrible addiction as well...it must run in the family. Thanks so much for giving the the low down on all reality tv b/c we haven't had cable for a little while, and not by choice. You are a riot!!
This is Megan--Michelle's friend in Virginia. I just want to say that if I lived in Utah still, I think we'd be great friends:) because I love all the same shows you do!!! And I'm SO glad "Samantha Who" is back!
We totally would!
Post a Comment