Was I THIS fascinated with bandaids as a child? My children are obsessed, to say the least! I have pictures of the twins when they were two, right after they raided the bandaid boxes. One on every finger, both knees, arms, legs, cheeks. I guess for them it is like art. They are expressing themselves right? Would the fascination still be there if I bought plain old tan ones? I think so. They stop crying when you put a bandaid on. They work better than candy or long cuddles with mommy. Molly just fell down in the carpeted living room. The word "fell" is a little extreme too. She tripped, then softly landed on her bum. She wanted a bandaid. I asked her where. She said on her arm. Where on your arm? Right heeuh...as she moved her finger around, trying to find any thing that remotely resembled an owie. She found a freckle. After many tears, she now has a spiderman bandaid on that freckle. Hope it helps Molly.
*This picture is from yesterday, when she convinced me she needed one on her "yeg".



9 comments:
once again, a CLEAN bathroom. hmmmm...
My kids don't have quite the band-aid obsession, but they do stop crying very quickly. I love it!
My kids are the exact same, except for curtis, which is the one that really needs them the most!
This is adorable. Elsie is definately feeling the band aid craze too. Unfortunatley she pulls them off about 2 minutes after I put one on though.
I guess I am laughing because I can so relate. All of mine love bandaids and yes they fix everything better than anything--except for sweet Cortney. She hates bandaids and wants nothing to do with them. Funny how different kids are.
I love the picture of Molly--she is darling. Especially with her emergence into the verbal world. I love her language.
Bandaids are amazing, and they come in so many different kinds now. Who wouldnt want one boasting that they need a "kiss better" or the attention of "What happened?" Maybe I need a bandaid. :)
Amy - I have a picture of Kim Brown and I with label stickers the size of bandaids ALL over us. Up and down our legs and on I think even on our faces. Our moms were in a meeting and we must of used whole sheets of labels. Fun childhood memories though. I 'll see if I post that picture.
Amy, it is true that almost all kids love band-aids. I even remember my mom sending my a pack of them to me in the mail when I was in college because I got a not so hot grade on a midterm of mine. She knew that no matter the problem, band-aids USED to work!
Your blog has made my day! I love you and love your kids.
Didn't you know -- bandaids are truely magic.Yea bandaids.Amy,you wore one on your freckle on your arm also,so she comes by it maturally.
Post a Comment