Tuesday, April 1, 2008

sick?

I have a confession to make. Try not to hold it against me. I actually like when one of my kids is home sick from school. No, I don't like them actually being sick, just what comes with it. Let me try to explain, so your whole opinion of me doesn't change.
First of all...I get so much one on one time with whoever the poor child is. Aside from a monthly date night with each kid, this is virtually impossible. They are constantly vying for my attention. When they are home sick, they have it, especially when Molly is napping. Yesterday, it was Lizzy home. She had the movies of her choice, whatever she wanted to eat, and games, games, games. We spent alot of time playing Pretty Pretty Princess and laughing. I love that.

Second...I have someone to distract Molly. She generally follows me around during the day, making housework difficult, and me...extremely frustrated. She's fairly high-maintenance. The kids love to play with her though. When I have one of them home, it changes everything. Take today...it is now 10 am, I have already done the laundry (including folding and put away), the dishes, showered, dressed, and now this blog. See what I mean? Lizzy seems to be feeling a lot better right now, so this is probably the last day with her home. I'll miss her tomorrow.

Lastly, I just wanted to show you what Emily and Alex did for Lizzy on Sunday with our Jenga blocks. Sometimes they are SO kind to eachother. It gives me joy. Serious joy.

9 comments:

brittany said...

why are your kids so stinking cute. i mean seriously, they spell out i love you with jenga blocks. want to trade kiddos?

laurag said...

Man, they are sweet to one another. I think it's so great how you make the absolute most out of a hard situation with a child being sick. I bet they love it too, so much so, they may even schedule in being sick if you know what I mean...I used to love staying home when I was sick. Glad she's feeling better though.

Kristin said...

That is darling with the jenga blocks. I love it.

(and I totally know what you mean about the one on one with the kids-and if they aren't seriously sick, well, that could be just as important as sending them off to school)

MommyMert said...

I think its great that you got to spend some time with her. You make beautiful wonderful children. Hope mine grow up that good. :) I think thats a reflection of their parents. Good Job! :) Glad she is feeling better.

Lady said...

You are better that I am. Usually a sick kids puts a cramp in my style. Especially when I have other kids to get places and errands to run - I think - NO you can't be sick today I have too much to do. I'd rather take your optimistic outlook.

Krista said...

Man, I would be fakin' it all the time if you were my mom!

O family said...

this is so cute. I bet that your kids love being one-on-one with you as much as you love it with them. So yeah it stinks to be sick but ... :)

O family said...

oh and the little note that the other kinds left for Lizzy is just so sweet and adorable.

mj said...

It really is wonderful to be able to spend time with just one child.Hope Lizzy is feeling better and I'm sure that message from Alex andEmily helped.I don't think I have ever seen siblings so kind to each other.They are great.