What the crap? I'm sorry for being so vulgar, Dad...but seriously! Michael Johns? My jaw was hanging to the floor for a good five minutes. Not just crazy, but wrong. I'm beginning to get more than frustrated that Syesha, Jason and Kristy Lee are still in the game. None of them are "bad" necessarily, but none of them are good enough to win. I'm burned out on Jason and his kooky faces that he pulls. He's fun. He's folky, but there's not much more to him. I liked him a lot at first, but he just isn't good enough. Syesha and Kristy Lee are frustrating me too. They are both OK singers, but not great singers. I start to get pretty mad at this stage of the game, because it becomes all about who's popular not who's the best. And by the way...David Cook is still the best, in case you were wondering. I don't know how he'll beat David A., but he will. Love him.
OK...so here is something I've been thinking about. I think the voting system over at AI needs to change. I have too many that I like and I think are worthy of staying, but I can't vote for all of them enough without being on the phone until the lines close. So, people slip through the cracks. Rather than voting for our favorite, I think we should vote for who leaves. Whoever stinks...gets the most votes...goes home. Every week I'm in a pickle...not sure who to spend my time voting for (actually, I AM sure...David C., but I'd love to vote for others too...it's a time issue). If we voted for the worst, Syesha would have been gone a long time ago.
Whew...glad I got all that off my chest. I'm bummed for Michael, but he'll sell records. I have no doubt. I'll buy one.




8 comments:
Amen! I would love a new voting system, I actually think it might work so much better.
You're so funny! I watch it too, and agree with most everything you've said--except about Syesha. I think she's got an amazing voice and feel floored every week she ends up in the bottom three. I like her, but I REALLY don't like Jason or KristyLee--can't wait for them to get the boot!! I've heard lots of people talk about making the switch to voting people off. It is a good thought, but I doubt it would ever happen.
I have wanted to vote that way ever since they started...why do we have to come up with the good ideas and not them? I didn't know Michael Johns was out now...so sad, I liked him. The only one that really isn't "Idol worthy" right now, I think, is Kristy Lee Cook...uuuggghhh...but I agree that Syesha and Jason are not going to win, anyway.
We have totally got to catch up. I really enjoyed your post about this though. The blanket I made is for Angie - I'm going to her baby shower tomorrow if I feel up to it in the morning. The surgery went great and I'm feeling really well right now but after sleeping all night I don't know how I'll feel. I'll call you soon.
I couldn't believe it either.I wanted to call you right away,but realized that you didn't even know yet. I really think everyone was surprised.
Oh my goodness, I forgot all about Angies shower or else i wasn't invited. I heard about it but don't remember getting an invite.Hope it was great.It is so exciting !!!
I agree that David C is definitely the best this season! I was surprised to see Michael Johns go, but I can't say I every really liked him much. I too, have wished many times over that I could call in and vote someone off - come on AI, get with the program!
I love that you blogged about this! I have to agree with Kami that I do like Syesha's voice, but I don't like her personality as much. I didn't see this Idol and I was surprised that Michael Johns got kicked off. I think it will be between David C and David A. David A is just absolutely loved so I'm pretty sure he is going to win it, but you know, Melinda Doolittle should have won last year. She was the best by far! She had perfect pitch and always chose good songs. You just never know!
Post a Comment