Tuesday, April 8, 2008

some things about me...

My cute friend Jessica just tagged me. I know, I know...I've already done one of these on here, but this one is different...a little. If you love me, you'll keep reading. I just may have some secrets in here:

4 places I have worked:
OK, first of all, I didn't have a job until my sophomore year at BYU. Lame? Not really. My dad preferred to pay, while I tried to keep up my grades without having to stress. So, here they are:
1. TCBY...and it REALLY is the country's best. I loved this place, but I would eat (steal) a lot of yogurt. How did I not realize that wasn't the right thing to do?
2. REI - worked at the Orem store from start to finish. Started in the camping/climbing department (yes, I actually used to be a rock-climber...pick your jaw up off the floor), then I was the banker, then the clothing/footwear lead. I loved it there, and made so many great friends.
3. RAH - recreation and habilitation services. This was a recreation facility for mentally handicapped children and adults. Without question THE MOST rewarding job I have ever had. Plus, this is where I met Dave, kind, gentle, patient Dave.
4. stay at home photographer - love this most current job. Wish I could afford new/improved equipment, and some classes though. We'll get there.

4 movies I could watch over and over:
1. Enchanted - my kids are in love with this movie. You know how they are...they become obsessed, and watch things 3 times a day. This one I can handle. Not sick of it yet. Check with me next week.
2. Hairspray - same description as above. LOVE the music so much. The soundtrack is in all day around here.
3. Sense and Sensibility - Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant. Mmmm.
4. Fools Rush In - you know, the one with Matthew Perry from Friends. I love this movie. I don't even really know why, but I do.

4 places I have lived:
1. Born and raised in Dover, DE. I make it back there every 2 years or so. I love it so much.
2. Provo, Utah - since 1991 when I came out for school. Still here. Never thought I would be, but I am...and that's OK.
3. Jerusalem, Israel - Jan. to June 1994 - yeah, I went for study abroad. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I am so, so grateful I had the chance to go.
4. There IS no 4. That is so sad.

4 people who email me regularly:
I am not really an email kindof gal...so I may change this to phone call...
1. My mom - we talk nearly every day, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love her. She makes me laugh. She validates me.
2. My sisters - mostly Laura and Lisa. Thank heavens for sisters. My truest friends, hands down.
3. Megan - one of my best friends from my old ward. Her twin boys are a week younger than my twin girls. I think that explains it.
4. Carrie - one of my oldest friends from college. I just realized that I have known her for 16 years. We are actually going to lunch today. She knows ALL about me and loves me anyway.
5. I've got lots of great buds who make me smile. I love talking to them, catching up. Too long a list to name them all, but I love them.

4 of my favorite foods:
1. Whatever fruit is in season. YUM.
2. meat - total carnivore. I love it all.
3. here are my 2 dirty habits - slim-jims and donuts. I know, you're thinking "slim-jims". Seriously. I know they are greasy, tough, gristly. Still love em. You won't change my mind. As for the donuts, I mostly love good old Dunkin Donuts. Wish we had one around here. I would be there in 5 minutes getting an apple filled!
4. anything out - I LOVE eating out. I will eat anywhere...and try almost anything. Dave and I are quite adventerous.

4 places I'd rather be right now:
1. Delaware...I love it in the spring.
2. Washington - visiting Laura and her new house.
3. at the movies - gosh I love going to the movies.
4. Somewhere in Europe...never been, but know I would LOVE it.

4 things I'm looking forward to in 2008:
1. Fenwick Island Delaware baby!
2. Schofield family reunion
3. So you think you can dance!
4. Christmas...already in the planning stages. I love it, love it.

I'm gonna stop there. Are you exhausted? Too much info, I know. It was fun though, and made me think. I know this sounds trite, but I love my life. I wouldn't trade it for yours, or yours, or yours.

8 comments:

mj said...

I love your"4's".I think I could have guessed most of them.I love you!

brittany said...

i was so sure when it said where would you rather be, BEND OREGON would be at the top of your list. What were you thinking??? haven't we talked about this?

i loved reading about you. you are one of my all time favorite people and i am so lucky to have you as a friend.

ps, i have the same thoughts about my job at TCBY.

MommyMert said...

I love it! I love you! I LOVED TCBY! Dont call it stealing, you were sampling in order to give the customer: aka ME--your BEST opinion. :) CheerS!

Kristin said...

That was so fun to read--I learned a couple of things about you. Fun stuff.

Kristin said...

PS-I love the family picture at the top. It is great.

Kristin said...

Me again. I love Dunkin Donuts too! Brings back so many childhood memories. Boston Creme--and their blueberry muffins. And the chocolate ones. Mmmmm. . .

Liking Krispy kreme too--had those in NC. But can't replace the Dunkin Donuts.

Michelle said...

Such a great post. I love it! I love hearing more about you and love that picture at the top of your blog. Jealous!

Jillian said...

I love Dunkin Donuts too! I'm with Kristin on the Boston Creme. My Dad LOVES Dunkin Donuts (he's from Boston). We get a dozen donuts about every other day every time we go back there. My Dad occasionally jokes about starting one here ... but don't hold your breath. :)