Tuesday, April 22, 2008

root a toot toot!

No picture today...blogger won't let me for some reason. So, this morning came way too early. Dave and I stayed up too late. Lots of shows to watch...and I'm not really willing to sacrifice them for a good nights sleep. Tuesday is my early day. Every other day, I'm able to go to the rec. center at 8:30 am. Early, but not terrible. If I want to fit it in on Tuesdays, I have to go at 6:30 am. I woke up feeling blue and dreading my run. I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. So, I got dressed, drove to the rec. center, got on that treadmill and nearly died. My legs felt like they weighed a ton. Pretty much every other day is like this for me. I have an ON day, then an OFF day, but I'm able to push through it and finish. I just couldn't do it today. Could not do it. I generally run 3 miles, which takes me about 33 minutes. Today, by minute 11, I couldn't go any farther. So, I walked the rest of the way, and even THAT wore me out. I came home quite discouraged and disappointed in myself. I'd like to think that I don't give up easily. I've been doing this 5 days a week since the first of March. Does the fact that I quit today mean that it will be easier to quit tomorrow? I was bummed out. It kindof set the tone for my whole morning. Blech.

Well, the day brightened. When Dave got home at 5:30, I got in the car, drove to the rec. center, got on that treadmill, and I did it. I ran 3 miles. It wasn't easy but I did it. I was tired, but so happy with myself. 5.5 miles today. I realize that for some of you that's nothing. For me it's huge. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

5 comments:

O family said...

Amy,
I think that it is great that you have been working out! It takes a lot of motivation to make plans for kids and such. Especially when it is so much easier to just hang out with them. Also, congrats on going back and finishing. it shows your dedication! love ya!

Michelle said...

Did you have a picture of you running on the treadmill? That I'd like to see! I could post the picture of you doing DDR ;).

Seriously, I'm proud of you. Way to not give up. I would have quit at 11 seconds. whahoo!

Michelle said...

By the way, I miss you. It's been way too long since I've seen you or spoken to you.

Kristin said...

I think that is huge!! I walked a mile today.

I am proud of you--I don't think walking is quitting. Getting off the treadmill is quitting. And on top of that, you got back on later! That is awesome. You rock.

Lady said...

3 miles is BIG TIME! I do nothing - absolutely nothing! Now give yourself a big pat on the back and don't feel guilty about watching TV.