
I think I was meant to live on a farm. Today our playgroup went to my friend Angela's family farm. I love the pace on a farm, the smells (at least the horse ones), the quiet. I've always been slightly envious of
farming families with their horses, their manual labor, their relaxed attitudes. It really suited Molly today. She couldn't get enough of the horses. She had no fear of them. I found myself not really wanting to leave. I felt like I was in another, slower paced world...yet I was only a mile from home. Farms are so open. So much space for the kids to run and play. So much space that your mind feels less full, less stressed. I may be paying some frequent visits to Angela in the future...
if she'll have me.
4 comments:
I haven't been to their farm but I've heard of it. My children want to live on a farm. I do, sometimes. I think it represents a simpler time, a time of self sustenance--to know that I have eggs because my chickens lay them, vegetables because I grow them, and horses--I would have horses. I love horses. We fed the horses carrots today. They are so gentle.
I should start coming to playgroup--maybe when school lets out it will be easier. Cortney still talks about the Halloween party at marley's house whenever we walk down that street.
And can I just say I love Molly's pink sunglasses! They are so cute on her. Loving it.
What a darling photo! I too love the idea of farm life - but sometimes I wonder if my ideas about it and the reality are two different things.
That's how I feel about our family cabin. It's so relaxing - we hike, fish, kayak, play baseball, and make s'mores. The rest of life just waits til we get back. If only we could stay longer - that's what we say each time we leave!
Man, Im sad I missed this one, but Im glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment