Saturday, April 12, 2008

2 happy things...

2 things that made me smile today...it is gorgeous outside! By gorgeous, I'm talking maybe 60 degrees, sunny, clear skies. We have waited a long time for this weather and quite frankly, I think we deserve it. Alex and Emily thought it was warm enough for swimsuits and sprinklers! Crazy! Emily backed out, but Alex went for it. He acted like it was fun, but I think I know better. Love him though. He's such a great kid.

The other thing that made me happy is Dave using his tablesaw. I got it for him for Fathers Day either 2 or 3 years ago. I can count the times he's used it on one hand...actually 3 fingers. Dave is really artistic and really talented, and I've just been dying for him to get to work making me some stuff. Really though, shelves, frames, you name it...he can make it. I think he's quite happy too. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!


7 comments:

Kristin said...

Go Alex!! It is a gorgeous day today. Very happy. It is so nice to have a man around that can make things like that. Very handy. Hope you have a great date!!!

mj said...

Can't wait to see Daves works of art.It is nice when they really use the thing you get them. Unfortunately,Dad hasn't use some things from years ago. Things I thought he would LOVE. Oh well, the thought was there.

Michelle said...

I love happy things, and as always, the photos are perfect!

O family said...

It ALWAYS makes me happy when the weather is nice. I get such a bad case of cabin fever in the winter. Glad that Dave was having fun with some of his "grown up" toys!

MommyMert said...

Glad you got out to enjoy the sunshine! Hope you get to go out today too!! Loving the pic of Dave. HA! :)

Erin said...

Hello Amy! I'm just making the rounds through the old ward's blogs I guess. I have enjoyed looking at your pictures. Your kids are so big now! What a cute family. I miss you!

Lady said...

I love the nice weather too. Piper LOVES to be outside and I'm happy it's finally starting to be warm enough for her to go out. Plus I love all the flowers and trees as they begin to bloom. Good for Dave using his new saw. What a great gift. I think I kinda feel the same way with my sewing machine. Wish I had a chance to use it alot more often and I so enjoy when I do get time!