Once again, I am grateful for my dad and for his willingness to listen to promptings of the spirit. I have been feeling particularly low today. Burdened. Sad. I walked into the kitchen and this was on the counter. I had just gotten a letter 2 days ago, so had no reason to expect another one today. But I needed it. I really, really needed it. Right then. Dave and I cried together in the kitchen while I read it out loud. My dad is so tender with me. He knew somehow that today would be rock bottom for his daughter. He knew before I did that I would need his council. The kind of council that only a loving father can give. Today's letter is one of the most beautiful I have ever received from him. I have already read it several times. I will treasure it forever. You might too.
6 comments:
You also listen to the promptings of the spirit and it is amazing that you said 'you might too' because even though I don't 'know' you in the real world, I often think about your father's amazing capacity to write letters just when the recipient needs them, and ponder back over some of the letters you have shared. They are remarkable, and by posting them for us you are doing the same thing as you precious father. Thank you Amy!
SO beautiful. I have tears streaming down my face. I'm so grateful for your dad, for him being in tune with the Spirit so you could get this letter when you needed it the most. I LOVE what he said about the gospel. The atoning sacrifice of our Savior is all encompassing. From our sins to our grief and everything in between. What we get from the Savior, we won't get anywhere else. As we lay our trials at His feet, we are freed and our perspective makes way for clarity and the directions we should take in tough times. AND, you ARE one of His most precious daughters. Love you.
Dad does have an amazing way of touching people through letters. I know several people who have received letters from him and they cherish them just as you do. (they are not even family members). Thank goodness for the Spirit that can prompt us and comfort us. The Lord's love can help us through any trial we face. We are lucky for the knowledge we have. Love you guys. Lisa
This is beautiful. I love these relationships...where a loving Heavenly Father guides a loving earthly father to comfort and send strength to one of His choice daughters. I'm grateful you have such a sweet dad. I hope you feel lighter.
You really do have an amazing dad! I was just talking to my dad about how your dad writes letters and he has decided to take up the challenge! Your father is truly inspiring!
I would give anything to have letters like this from my dad. You are truly blessed, Amy.
Post a Comment