Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the 8th...



Today I am thankful for my Garmin. My parents got it for me for Christmas last year. I am not really sure how I ever survived without it. Oh yeah, I'd run with a stopwatch, then head out in my car to measure my run with the odometer. Phooey on that. It was never really that accurate and who knows how much money I spent on gas driving all over the place. Think of all that extra cash we could have had sitting around.

I love my Garmin so much. Through a GPS, it will keep track of my distance, elapsed time, pace, calories, time of day, avg. pace, best pace. It beeps at me for my mile splits. I am pretty darn obsessive about pausing it. If I stop for a quick drink or to tie my shoe, I stop the watch. If I get to the end of my street after a run and the numbers haven't rolled over to an even x:00 miles, I keep running until they do. I think it has made me a faster, more efficient runner. My friend Kami bought me a shirt 6 months early for Christmas. It says, "If you see me collapse...pause my Garmin." Amen.

5 comments:

Kris Tina said...

Just fyi - I love all those gratitude posts. I do. And it makes me want a garmin - even though I run on a treadmill. What am I saying - I don't run anywhere right now.

AprilA said...

I love that you run until X:00 miles! Love it! ;) KT, Garmin on a treadmill made me giggle. Thanks!!

Taunya said...

I want one. Maybe I don't run enough to justify the purchase, but I'm sure if I get one I'll become a runner, right? ;)

Kami said...

I am grateful for someone who feels exactly the same way I do about something as silly as a watch! :) LOVE my Garmin, and you!

Rachel said...

If I were a runner, I'm sure I'd love this, too. ;) Maybe having one would motivate me more.