I am thankful for an all knowing, loving Heavenly Father. Today, I feel like I got a small glimpse of eternity. A complete understanding of the Lord's plan. For an hour or so, my mind was filled with truths about heaven, eternal families, the Savior. Nothing was able to interrupt those thoughts. I could just FEEL and be reminded of things I know, but allow to get pushed aside for the here and now. I heard some things that made such perfect sense to me. The spirit testified that I was hearing absolute truth. If we are righteous, we will see the Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father again. We will. There is happiness after this life. Death is not the end. There is joy, there is family, there is peace after this. Separation when a loved one dies is only for a time. It is temporary. If we make and keep sacred temple covenants, those who have gone before are OURS...forever.
One of the things I heard really resonated with me. Those who have gone before, those who we have loved so dearly, who are no longer here, they can be with us. They can watch over us. At times, we may even be able to feel them. They are our angles. There was a time in my life when I was really, really struggling with some things. I was told in a blessing by my Bishop, that I had angels rooting for me. Children of my own, not yet born, who were watching over me. That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. Ever. The gospel is good news. It is the best news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thank you for your kind comment!
And....I love your #17 post! I agree with you, this is very good news. We are very blessed.
Wish I could have been there...
I, too feel so blessed to have the comforting knowledge that we have in the gospel. It is also a wonderful thing to realize that your child knows it also. Thank you for this post.
Post a Comment