Thursday, November 10, 2011
#10...
Today, similar to the same time last year, I am grateful for music. My nephew was in town last night on his way to Washington. We spent quite a bit of time by my computer with him sharing loads of beautiful music with me. Soundtracks. Swelling, moving, amazing music. First of all, I never knew he was into such orchestral stuff. I was overcome with emotion a few times. Some of the songs he played for me filled me right up then made my eyes overflow. Right now I am listening to David Tolk. I realize that his sound may not be for everyone. Maybe he is too "mormon". His sound is for me. For Margaret too. As she is sitting here on my lap, she is relaxed and calm. Every time I start a new song, she leans back into me, looks up at my face, and cups it in her hands.
Music invites the spirit. It's that simple. It can slow my racing, anxious heart. It makes me feel. Sometimes my life is too darn busy and loud to FEEL. People who are able to create such amazing scores are inspired. I love the music that makes me remember fun, happy times, memories with my family, experiences. I love the music that makes me run faster or makes me dance. Mostly though, I love the music that calms me. That makes me think of things that are of most importance to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Great post. Thanks for taking care of Tony and Adam. Love you. Lisa
Are these Grampy's hands? I agree, music has such power....I love it too. Don't know why I don't have it on all day.
Post a Comment