I totally love this kid. I really, really do. He is so funny. He is SO talented. I know I boast about him a lot, but he makes me very proud. I see unlimited potential in him. He is an artist through and through. Not just with a sketch pad and pencil, but with words. He starts a LOT of stories. They grip me, then he moves onto another one. When I read this, I told him he HAD to finish. What do you think?
Chapter
1
The
Silver Birch Woods
It
was as cold as ice outside. Snow coated every rock, every stone. The pines had long icicles hanging from their
branches like jagged teeth threatening to bite whatever touched them. The only real thing that kept me going was
the sight of the twinkling lights at the foot of the silhouettes of mountains
in the distance. The cold bit at my
cheeks and nose as the ice pelted me in the face.
In the Silver Birch Woods the trees were dark. These woods hid many secrets, dark
secrets. And as I stared at the dark
green trees, devilish sounds echoed around me.
The Silver Birch Woods were a place of dismay. They were an intimidating massive piece of
land once owned by an eccentric Indian millionaire whom was murdered inside of
them.As what goes along with murder stories, the woods were said to be haunted by his spirit and the many people who’ve gotten lost in the colossal evergreen forest. This is why I came here. It would be the very last place one would look for me.



13 comments:
It's FABULOUS! Tell him he has to keep going. I could get him an agent and a publisher. Or I can find lit magazines for short stories. Maybe I'll be his agent and take 20% of his income. OH, and you can self publish through amazon.com. He could write stories available for electric download. Then you don't have to worry about printing, just making the BIG bucks! ;)
He really is talented. Yes, I need an ending too. :-) Lisa
My goodness, I didn't even know some of those words existed at his age. Great story Alex.....but, we need the rest !!!!!
Are you freeking kidding me Alex? This is a book I would buy immediately to read for myself. Way to go Alex! and finish the darn thing already! :)aunt laura
What??? This kid has a real talent with words! I'm so impressed!
whoa...that was awesome. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT???
It is so thrilling ... is he going to just leave us hanging?
This is TRULY AMAZING, Amy. I would never guess someone his age would know how to write like that. I'm an editor, you know. I would edit pro bono for this kid. :)
I'm on the edge of my seat! You're right, Amy, this boy is talented!
Lisa
He is awesome! We talk quite a bit about him and his writing talent here in this house. Here is one more voice calling out for an ending. :)
--kristin
He is awesome! We talk quite a bit about him and his writing talent here in this house. Here is one more voice calling out for an ending. :)
--kristin
Amy, this kid is amazing! I couldn't like that and I studied English at Oxford University for crying out loud! What an absolute talent he is! That prose is beautiful and the story is gripping from the get-go. Alex si seriously amazing - boast away! xxx
So what happens next? I agree that we can't just not know the whole story. Keep writing, Alex. This could be a great book!
Post a Comment