Friday, September 11, 2009


This morning the kids asked why there were flags lining the street. My mind started to race. It wasn't a holiday. Why were they there? Then Dave reminded me what today was. I wanted to sit down and cry for a minute. Partly because I almost forgot, something I never wanted to do. And partly for all those people who lost so much that day. I think it'd be great if we all took a minute, maybe even a few, out of our busy day, to remember, and to thank the Lord for all that we have.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I like that picture.

Melissa and I were talking about how this day still brings up such emotion! Like I remember where I was when I heard etc . . .all of it.

mj said...

I hope we never forget this terrible day.I am so glad to live in this country....to be able to worship God as I see fit. I am so thankful for those great men and women who fought,and are still fighting,for our freedom.

The Snow Queen said...

hey amy, I saw that you have a book blog... did you read Hunger Games? I just finished the next book after Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and it was equally good. I liked it even better.

Michelle said...

Ditto. (I didn't forget, we had flag duty, but I agree. Remembering is so important.)