
I am so sad. After watching the pilot to this show months ago, Dave and I have been dying for the season to premier. We loved the pilot, minus a few questionable scenes. The music and dancing are so great. They make me happy. We had the episode recorded and I would actually catch Dave watching this song...all on his own. So, the first episode was last week...and it was filthy. I am not one of those "stand on the corner holding signs that demand Victoria Secret remove their posters from the mall" kind of girl. I don't really take a stand very often. I will if my kids are involved. We have a guy down the street with the f-bomb on a bumper sticker. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to pound on his door and suggest he take it off his monster truck. Anyhow...back to Glee. I am so terribly disappointed. I may actually write a letter to Fox letting them know. I realize I probably won't make a difference. Sex sells, right? Whatever. It's worth a try. I need them to hear how I feel. They took what was a smart, witty show, and tramped it up. Here's the thing...it was funny enough, and clever enough without the filth. That's what you add when you don't have good enough material...but they do. Kindof like using foul language when you aren't clever enough to think of the right words to use. Dave and I were mortified at the subject matter they were joking about. The music was still great, but it was all tainted. For being a not-easily-offended gal, I was offended. What to do?



9 comments:
That's exactly how I felt. It was the first and last time I'll watch it. Too bad too, cause those girls can sing!!
I could have written this post. I was so excited after the pilot as well.
Stupid FOX!
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! Carl didn't watch the little teaser a while back and so how mortified I was when, as he's watching for the first time, all the filth comes in. I'll write a letter WITH YOU and put my name in big letters down at the bottom. Funny...after we watched it, I told Carl I was wondering what you were thinking right about then...
I emailed a letter to Fox. I'm pretty sure they won't care, but I wanted them to know how I felt.:(
Isn't it awful what is accepted on TV these days?Glad you let them know.
I get stricter and stricter on this one the older I get. I can't tell you how often Matt and I turn movies off because they offend us. It isn't funny--it's sick and demeaning! I'm glad you're making your voice heard. This reminds me how glad I am that we don't have cable.
i think you should write a letter! Those are the things that do make a difference, eventually. don't underestimate your voice.
Those new Molly quotes are hilarious by the way.
--kristin
Oh, just saw you did write the letter. Well, good for you! I'm glad you did. Thanks for the help in the morning. Let me know if we can ever return the favor.
--kristin
You definitely need to write them!!! I can't emphasize this enough!! You may not think it makes a difference but it will, especially if enough people like you write in. I do write letters/emails.
I wrote to our school district last year after having a an experience that left a sour taste in my mouth. I copied the letter to the superintendent, the principal, and one of my children's teachers. No one responded to me except the teacher who told me she was so happy I wrote the letter because she didn't like the way they did things either. Even though they never got back to me, this year they did things differently and the whole experience was wonderful.
It only takes but a few minutes to let them know what you think. I am going to write a letter myself. I get this magazine called "Cookie" - comes free, never subscribed. I read a cute article on Jenny Garth and her 3 kids this month. Then I saw an article about women in their 30s who lack "labido". I thought - hey that's me a lot of the time - I'll check it out. It was profane and vulgar and I'm sending them my thoughts and telling them NOT to send this magazine to my house again.
Write the letter!!
Post a Comment