Wednesday, September 9, 2009

conversations with Molly...

I am in love with Molly today. It definitely is not roses and daffodils around here all the time, but I am loving today. She has just gone down for a nap. Margaret is asleep. The house is really quiet. Molly and I made some raspberry muffins together. Molly with her 2 day old hair-do and Home Depot apron. She stands on a little chair and helps me. I wish I had the time or the patience for this kind of stuff every day. It makes me so happy. Her too. We connect...and I want to eat her.

This morning we went for our daily walk. Drop the kids off at school at 8:15, then continue walking through the neighborhoods until about 9. She was really, really talkative today. We had some great conversations. Try having one with a 3 year old. You will laugh and have to stop the stroller multiple times to look at her and kiss her. Today we talked a little about dying. We do that a lot. I'm not sure why she is fascinated, but she is, so we talk about it.

"Mommy, when you die, you go up into the sky. How do we get up into the sky?"

"I don't know. What do YOU think?"

"I think you open up the sky. Then get a ladder and go up into the sky. Then you close the sky. Jesus is up in the sky and he will help us."

A few weeks ago, I was warning her about something that could hurt her. I remember telling her that she could die if she wasn't careful. She told me that was OK. It would be so great because then she's "gurn (going to) see Jesus, Joseph Smith, Grandpa Bird, Hinckley." Yeah...just plain Hinckley. She isn't afraid. I think that's cool. Obviously she still doesn't quite have a grasp of it, but she's getting there.

After our walk..."Mommy. I'm in the mood for a hula-hoop."

She was in bed with Dave this morning while I was feeding the baby in the rocking chair. She was cuddly and cute and down right hilarious. I wanted to video tape her. I feel that way a lot. Like I want to video tape her whole life...every second. I don't want one detail to slip from memory. Her scratchy - squeeky voice, her soft skin, her freckles. I'd like to think that the Lord has a treat in store for us. A whole room full of DVD's. Details from our lives that we could sit and watch for days.

3 comments:

mj said...

I love the idea of the Lord having DVD's of our lives...who knows. Molly is a riot,when she says these things she is so matter of fact and serious. What a treasure she is.

MommyMert said...

I sure hope we get to watch these moments over and over again. I try to think to myself sometimes to NOT FORGET THIS MOMENT... and than someone will ask me later... "Do you remember.." and I had forgotten, and its so nice to be reminded. Im glad you have your sweet moments with your little miss Molly. Love her, Love you.

Lady said...

I'm all for the DVD room. Glad you and Molly had a great day.